A formation we’ve never played and starting with ten men? Er no thanks 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

-------Martinez-------
Konsa----Pau------Digne
Bailey-Barkley-Yuri-Maatsen
 -------Rogers-Watkins-------

Not sure we've got much of a hope with 11 players starting let alone ten.

• Haha 2

He shouldn't, but Carlos will definitely start with Konsa again right back. If Emery didn't fancy Ned or Bogarde at RB against Ipswich there is no chance he puts either in against Bayern. I also can't see Cash coming in from nowhere to start.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, turvontour said:

So is Kane injured do we know? 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-kane-injury-latest-bayern-30029657.amp

Harry Kane injury latest as Bayern Munich handed huge scare ahead of Aston Villa clash

Bayern Munich have been handed an injury scare by Harry Kane just days before they are due to play Aston Villa at Villa Park in the Champions League

So I was flitting around the web and I ran into the this thread about Villa playing Bayern Munich, and I realised I still don't believe it and it's as exciting as it was last spring when we qualified for CL. Still pinching myself -- seriously. Can't believe it!

I don't think our recent performances tell us much about how we will play in this game, last season we often didn't play well and dropped points, in the so called easier games, but then would play better against the better teams, and i wouldn't be surprised if we saw that this coming week against Bayern and Manchester United, might not be enough to win, but we can give them a good game

I hope unai and the players approach this in a somewhat detached manner…if we go in all giddy and greatful to be here we are going to get tonked…let’s approach it like a professional team and try and do the best we can…

Has Maatsen or Digne ever played on the right, as sort of an inverted RB? I know that’s far from ideal but would allow Konsa and Pau to be CBs. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

We'll be raped if we play that defence. Or id we do play with intensity in this game it then highlights how unprofessional we were versus Ipswich.

Surely you could have found a better choice of words to make your point ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smg said:

He really isn’t 

He is. Also they have a Kim in defence. Never seen her play.
Gnarby? Wba Flop
Vincent Kompany? Relegation fodder PL manager. 

We shouldn't be scared, they aren't Man City or Real Madrid.