Kingman

The roar of VP needs to be louder than ever. It’s going to be a special night and the lads need the extra boost, especially if we concede. There’s no reason as why we can’t get a result. 

In Unai we trust. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

They might have a star studded squad and decades of European pedigree, but they also have Vincent Kompany in charge - we have a vastly superior manager who knows what it takes to win in European competitions with unfancied teams…

Let’s see how it pans out! Exciting times nonetheless

Think it largely depends on whether Bayern "turn up" - if they're on it then I don't think we've much chance of a result, but if they're off the pace or don't fancy it then we'll have them - see the 2 games we played against Man City last season for comparison.

This will probably be Kompany's toughest game so far - although Leverkusen are probably a level above us too, I think Bayern being at home balanced that

Edited by StewieGriffin

Mad excited. Was going to have the place to myself, but the missus has binned going out so she'll have to listen to my screaming, cussing and cheering instead. 

No reason we can't beat them. (apart from a Kane dodgy pen) (or a Carlos brain fart) (or Ollie missing a sitter) Just need to not be in awe of the situation. We've played & beat teams this good regularly. 

2-1 The Villa. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Can’t wait to get to my seat and hear that Champions League music… f me! 

Still can't believe it's happening. Doesn't seem that long ago we were watching Fulham beat us in the playoff finals under Steve Bruce

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Join Kate Tracey, Alan McInally & Ahmed Elmohamady pitchside as they preview Aston Villa v Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League.

Watched a bit of this - it's actually pretty impressive at club level.

McInally has obviously done loads of it, but Elmo speaks well.

Edit: HAHAHA - although the sound keeps cutting out on Kate and as it jumped to the video, she started with "Oh my God, the sound is sooooo...." :D