Kingman

Kompany's Bayern will play a very high press and will treat Villa with utter respect, perhaps even more than we expect. I think they will feel to us as athletic as Newcastle or a Brighton but with better skills and fewer mistakes. It's going to be a real battle.

Some Villa supporters probably rate their own club less than many Bayern supporters rate Villa. The history of Villa and Villa Park mean a lot to top German clubs -- we'll be seen as a much-prized, interesting, culturally important, and dangerous trophy on a big game hunt, make no mistake. Again, in short, they'll treat the occasion with a lot of respect. Unai is much respected by Bayern, too. I think it's accurate to say that our keeper is not.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At this point we should remind ourselves that we compete week in week out in the most competitive league in the world.  It's not like we're some team who came second in the Danish league going up against them.  We play 8 matches against champions league teams every year included usually 4 matches against a team who has gone through to the last 8 and often the last 4.

And didn’t we top the ‘Top 6 mini league’ last season?

Just waiting for the train and the announcement said "due to the game at Villa Park and football fans travelling, we recommend travel outside these hours for a more comfortable journey".

What are they trying to say?! 

;)

On 28/09/2024 at 21:18, wedge said:

Headphones on > go to timestamp 1:18 > close eyes > imagine VP at 7:58pm on Wednesday > Enjoy the goosebumps

I'm sure we'll all take our own individual private moments on Wednesday to take it all in, it's easy to forget just how far we've come. I'm 30 years of age, this is the biggest game at Villa Park in my lifetime bar none.

I don't think we will as Bayern are arguably the best team in Europe at the moment, and my brain can't even begin to comprehend what it will be like if we do, but if we were to somehow win I'm not sure how it gets much better than that...

By beating real madrid 🤣

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

At this point we should remind ourselves that we compete week in week out in the most competitive league in the world.  It's not like we're some team who came second in the Danish league going up against them.  We play 8 matches against champions league teams every year included usually 4 matches against a team who has gone through to the last 8 and often the last 4.

And beat both of the teams that played in the latter stages last season.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1