Kingman

20 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's ok in training. Will score tonight

I can't wait to see Musiala vs Rogers.

One is an establish elite CL attacker. The other one wants to be there, but has all the attributes to achieve it. 

• Like 1

So what am I looking for?

Obviously a clean sheet, because with that we have a great chance of a win......would I take a draw, without a doubt.

But if we lose, it's  no disgrace, as long as we don't get mullered.....That is the big thing for me....No capitulation.

If they win....make them work for it....no gifts. It will be no disgrace to lose, but the manner, matters as we have Man U on Sunday and confidence is precious.

We cannot just expose Emi and hope to keep the score down....Bravery/ Courage allied to talent, is key tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

So what am I looking for?

Obviously a clean sheet, because with that we have a great chance of a win......would I take a draw, without a doubt.

But if we lose, it's  no disgrace, as long as we don't get mullered.....That is the big thing for me....No capitulation.

If they win....make them work for it....no gifts. It will be no disgrace to lose, but the manner, matters as we have Man U on Sunday and confidence is precious.

We cannot just expose Emi and hope to keep the score down....Bravery/ Courage allied to talent, is key tonight.

We haven't stopped anyone of note scoring agaisnt us all season. Bayern have scored 20 goals in their last 3 games. If you're looking for one,  you'll be looking for a while

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

Opposition Report

Love the "Last Time Out" reminder at the foot. Another nice touch by the club. I was there 42 years ago and we were the so called underdogs then too. Looking forward to playing them again. I'm sure the current team will give it 110% for the watching lads of 1982, for Gary and for the thousands of HEITS who will be cheering us on too. UTV!

Kinda bugs me that they use our current badges and the wrong competition logo. But then, I'm a miserable goit so... 

The video above seemed to be showing that we've put the trophy in the walkout tunnel, which should hopefully give our players a bit of extra motivation. Can't wait!!!!!

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We haven't stopped anyone of note scoring agaisnt us all season. Bayern have scored 20 goals in their last 3 games. If you're looking for one,  you'll be looking for a while

Thanks, that's reassuring.....is it worth turning up?

Much the same was the case in 1982....but we found a way.

Maybe it's about time we did, in lieu of accepting it, as inevitable.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Thanks, that's reassuring.....is it worth turning up?

Much the same was the case in 1982....but we found a way.

Maybe it's about time we did, in lieu of accepting it, as inevitable.

Recognised about 1982.

I think the way the game is today I'm setting my expectations of a clean sheet very very low. Similarly based on recent form though,  I have a lot of confidence we'll score. My optimism extends to thinking we can win 3-2.

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Recognised about 1982.

I think the way the game is today I'm setting my expectations of a clean sheet very very low. Similarly based on recent form though,  I have a lot of confidence we'll score. My optimism extends to thinking we can win 3-2.

I am reluctant to use the era of football, as reason to exclude clean sheets, the sophistication of quality defenders has never been so high IMV.

I accept the trend to find clean sheets important has waned, and the optics of the game has taken over.....not criticising that, just an observation.

I hope tonight, we can at least make them work, for everything they get and not roll over and have our bellies tickled.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah was thinking the same, games like Ipswich, Mostar etc aren't his bread and butter. These are the games.

i dont know, our record at beating the teams towards the bottom of the tables is greater than i can ever remember, maybe not the performances but certainly the results. Our form this season is testament to that surely.