Kingman

22 minutes ago, Creeper said:

I should've booked the day off today. I can't concentrate at work 

Same

I don't think i've been this excited for a game I'm attending since the FA Cup Final in 2015

Hopefully this one goes better than that did!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It is. Bonkers when you sit back and think about it. I wonder what Bayern supporters talk about when they talk about Villa Park and traveling to Brum? You think they'll have plans to go and get a balti? That's what I would do if I were there. I mean, and watch Villa.

Should soon see all the social media footage of the fans round Brum.

I expect they'll all be in Albert Shloss because it's EXACTLY like an authentic German bar :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The Vine? Bit of a weird place to be sending them. It's like a 2 hour walk to the ground from there and not on a train line or anything

They'll have a march down Broad Street I imagine.

But yes, an extremely odd pub to pick.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The Vine? Bit of a weird place to be sending them. It's like a 2 hour walk to the ground from there and not on a train line or anything

Their logic is that it's a West Brom pub; the enemy of my enemy etc

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Their logic is that it's a West Brom pub; the enemy of my enemy etc

They've been sold a complete red herring from some bloke a Bayern website interviewed who is from Manchester and obviously has zero knowledge of Birmingham.😂

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

I'd give me other kidney for a clean sheet, gut feeling is we win and the place goes bonkers

We keep a clean sheet.....and we do win, like night follows day.

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2024/09/tips-for-your-trip-to-birmingham-for-bayern-champions-league-game-at-aston-villa

we spoke with Paul, the president of the ‘Bayern Munich UK’ fan club, to get some tips on the city, the stadium, sights and food. From Shakespeare to Middle Earth and pubs in between, there’s plenty to keep you busy on this European adventure.

“Despite its size, Birmingham is somewhat overshadowed by Manchester because it has less glamour,” says Paul, who grew up near Manchester in Bolton.

“Nearby I can recommend The Vine pub - especially for local beer. Bayern fans will love it there because it’s a West Brom fan pub. So, we’ll be on the same side as them on Wednesday,” says Paul with a wink.

There’s also good food at The Vine in West Bromwich (see above). If fans are looking for the best bar or pub in the city, Paul has these locations on his list: The Colmore, The Wellington, Pure Craft, Cherry Reds or Post Office Vaults.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Blimey, Danny Murphy just said on TS that we could do them tonight and Jordan said it'll be a great game and Kompany has had a great run of fixtures against average sides upto the weekends game.

If it comes down to caching, tactics, we win. Emery vs Kompany. We have to not be overawed by the occasion.

Surprised she even cares given our history with Dwight Yorke

• Haha 4