Kingman

On 28/09/2024 at 21:18, wedge said:

Headphones on > go to timestamp 1:18 > close eyes > imagine VP at 7:58pm on Wednesday > Enjoy the goosebumps

I'm sure we'll all take our own individual private moments on Wednesday to take it all in, it's easy to forget just how far we've come. I'm 30 years of age, this is the biggest game at Villa Park in my lifetime bar none.

I don't think we will as Bayern are arguably the best team in Europe at the moment, and my brain can't even begin to comprehend what it will be like if we do, but if we were to somehow win I'm not sure how it gets much better than that...

I remember thinking like that in those 2 games against Inter Milan.  Couldn't believe we were going up against them and had no thought we could actually win....until Phil King asked me to hold his beer.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, juteface said:

It's free to view on Virgin Media here in Ireland, it's Champions League so I guess it's whoever has the broadcast rights where you are.

radio for me then :flag:

Blimey, Danny Murphy just said on TS that we could do them tonight and Jordan said it'll be a great game and Kompany has had a great run of fixtures against average sides upto the weekends game.

If it comes down to caching, tactics, we win. Emery vs Kompany. We have to not be overawed by the occasion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Vine? Bit of a weird place to be sending them. It's like a 2 hour walk to the ground from there and not on a train line or anything

It’s cut off on that embedded tweet but I think the Bayern lot enjoy the ring 

It’s going to be a great game tonight and they will do Gary Shaw proud whatever the result.

Nervous and excited. The biggest moment in my lifetime at least as a fan. I still rub my eyes with joy and pride that Unai lead us to the Champions League - and will still be full of pride at full time. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, choffer said:

(Not that you can actually see it when embedded on VT). 

Gives us an advantage, as we'll have twelve men on the pitch. One will be invisible. But still there. 

• Like 1

Whoever plays out of Carlos/ Ned/ Bogarde etc I really hope they get the greatest cheer and backing from the crowd when their name is announced. None of this grumbling, critiquing nonsense. Be fans and support whoever is in that shirt . Moreso if they are going through a rough patch.
Come on to forums like this to slag them off afterwards by all means!

• Like 2

Just now, juteface said:

I'm sure there are pubs showing nearby, or ya know a river of some sort.

Yeah there's always a trickle, just wanted to check if anyone was showing it without charging.

I usually only watch football on TV at Christmas when Amazon show it live, but I think that's finished now as well.