• McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Barkley (Onana 46)
    • Maarsen (Ramsey 68)
    • Durán (Ramsey 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/24 at 22:59

Everton had chances but boy did they get the rub of the green with their two goals. Onana gets the foul called most of the time and we succeed with the offside trap most of the time. I actually felt their proper bonified chances were second half when DCL dithered and when he struck the bar. We knew we would get back into it, that's down to Unai, but it did look like we weren't going to get the third. Until that goal. Duran won us that game, sounds obvious, but he got us over the line. Special. 

• Like 2

What a way to win, we deserved it overall but they’ll be kicking themselves, in particular Calvert-Lewin who could have twice affected the result massively in the second half.

Duran, wow, just wow. Great for Watkins and hopefully clears his head now for a good run of goals, he’s usually ‘streaky’ one way or t’other.

Crowd was bouncing, pissed at myself for not going now. I know it was ‘only’ Everton but I can’t remember the last time we came back from two down, it’s the kind of thing that usually happens to us, Unai’s setting new standards here all the time and man, I’m just enjoying the ride so so much.

• Like 1

Talking about the amount of negativity in the match thread, the ground wasn't much better :lol: so many people in there that just yell shit, even though you can see we're controlling the ball and making good chances.  Even if Duran hadn't scored the belter, we'd have scored eventually.

For what it's worth, Calvert Lewin was really good today, an absolute handful.  Dreadful at shooting, but he was central to everything Everton did well, and ran channels all afternoon, which is rare for a big guy.

Not sure why he didn't shoot when he had the whole half to himself, luckily Ezri caught up and sorted it.

On another day Ollie gets 4.  Bogarde needs to know when to make the overlap, then he'll be fine.  Did well on the whole.

Brilliant game, great result and an all round great day.

Duran's was  one of the best solo goals I have ever seen at Villa Park. The only other two that spring to mind straight away is Angel's one versus Chelsea in the league cup and Mcginn's volley versus Sheffield Wednesday. A work of art.  Good effort in coming back from two down but we really need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back. Everton look dire and dour but will probably finish 17th and get away with it again. I thought we looked better when Barkley came on and settled the midfield. Ramsey was a bit quiet and we seem to lack a bit of width without Bailey and Cash and selling Diaby. But an entertaining match and 3 points in the bag.

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Some of you lot shouldn't be allowed to celebrate that win after the pathetic bed wetting earlier in the match.

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Not going to name names as we all know the usual suspects but those individuals are **** children and can piss off from the match thread in the future. Place was a sesspit of bed wetting piss and cancerous comments when it was clear as day we were the better side and only 20 mins in against the most mentally fragile side in the country. 

Bunch of fickle piss ticklers. Fannies. 

Don't get this.

Block the people, enjoy the win.

Was going 2-0 down good? Don't believe so.

You can't enjoy going to games if this upsets you. People vent at football.

Edited by Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't get this.

Block the people, enjoy the win.

Was going 2-0 down good? Don't believe so.

You can't enjoy going to games if this upsets you. People vent at football.

I used to have a season ticket during the Mcleish/Lambert days and the constant moaning and negativity made an already unpleasant situation even worse.

Venting in person is one thing but taking the time to type out angry comments is pathetic. I can understand shouting and swearing but to go through the effort of typing those things out is entirely different.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â