• McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Barkley (Onana 46)
    • Maarsen (Ramsey 68)
    • Durán (Ramsey 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/24 at 22:59

On the TV you could hear some of the Villa crowd saying "shoooot" as the ball went to Duran. Just as it left his boot my stream froze I was cursing him for shooting from there as it looked wild with no chance of going in.

Then after about 15 long seconds my stream unfroze and my jaw hit the floor. Speechless. 

52 minutes ago, Rodders said:

1. Obviously delighted first and foremost, and so glad Duran's goal was the winner, the best strike since he's last goal!

We look good but rusty going forward. Rogers is so close to being fantastic. Still need more clinical final balls and finishing, but getting there,

3. Defence is a massive concern. We got away with it, but could have conceded 5 - calvert lewin two golden chances and lets be honest matsen lucky to not concede a penalty. Huge worries for me at the moment.

But overall great result

I agree with you. Going forward, we look good and capable of scoring at any time. But, that defence is ropey as fook. I dread losing Konsa at any time because he was the glue tonight. Bogarde is a huge concern. I think we will soon see Carlos playing rcb and Konsa at rb. 

Gonna have to watch the full 90 minutes again because I was only able to give my full attention to this while we were going 0-2 down. then had to make the tea while keeping a weather eye on the rest of the match but missed our last two goals in real time..

Based on what I did see, I would say Martinez had a match to forget, and we need to get much sharper in front of goal and less disorganised in defence. We mostly dominated the game in true Emery style but ended up looking a little lucky to shade it. More work needed.

MOTM is tough. I think the contenders are Bogarde, who put in a good shift not recognised by his match thread detractors who continued to find fault where they’re wasn’t much, Watkins - welcome back in form as top striker, Duran for the most ridiculously superb goal, and Digne who dominated the left side today. However, it has to go to Tielemans who put in a top grade, consistent performance and just gets better each match.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He was excellent. Just what was required, a calm, composed, wise head on shoulders.

Agreed Sheepy. As well as good control he is also physically strong and does not get eased off the ball.

we now really have 4 very good options in CM with Onana , Tielemans, Barkley and Kamara. You could perm any 2 from 4.

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â