• McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Barkley (Onana 46)
    • Maarsen (Ramsey 68)
    • Durán (Ramsey 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/24 at 22:59

There is a little concern about how easy Everton managed to get in behind us with relatively simple long balls. Hopefully it's just a bit of the rustiness that happens while they work out how to play together, as has happened last season. Rogers looked lively. Thought Bogarde had a decent game, but still shows moments of rawness. The more he plays, the more polished he will become. Thought Barkley played pretty well too when he came on. Pretty tidy with the ball, even in tight spaces. And I don't like Barkley, lol. And edited cos I forgot about Duran! BOOM! What a beautiful goal. Lovely two from Watkins too. Nice to see him get off the mark.

Overall, that was an interesting game. At 2-0, I admit that I wasn't happy because I thought "typical Villa" for gifting two goals to a terrible side, with a poor manager & massive lumps everywhere, who haven't won since christ knows when, etc.

For shame on me. Emery showed that his Villa teams are different. And I love him for that. I dont drink other than when Villa win, so another beer for me. 🍻

Cheers. UTV!

Edited by Andy_10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

As an officer of the law, you should not be insulting members of the public. Shame on you

It's just really boring reading the negative shit from the same few every time things aren't going well. 

• Like 2

It wasn't that long ago that we put in performances like Everton, so I count my blessings that we are now a fantastic football team with strength in depth to bring on. I never doubted that we would get something out of this game and it proved to be so. Loved Watkins getting a couple goals, and Duran's strike was amazing, but my MON is the young man at right back, Bogarde. I believe he had over 76 passes completing 91% of them, for a young player thrust into the first team they are very good stats. More to come from this young man. We are very blessed to have Mr Emery as our manager.

• Like 1

That was a very impressive win. Bloody commentators. Everton were unlucky not to be level because they had a couple of sights on goal they could have scored. As did we, you turds.

We bossed the game 74/ 26 possession. It would have been criminal if we had not won.

Our defence was uncertain and could not handle Dycheball, and that was where their chances and goals came from.

Also we had nothing on our right - maybe play a RB there? And McGinn was anonymous.

Well done for the comeback, lads, but ,funnily enough, I expected it.

2 goals for Watkins to open his account for the season, and a fabulous goal for Duran. Boom!

You would think by now any football supporter would know the fickle nature of their own kind. We conceded two unnecessary goals, you can hardly be surprised at criticism that's justified. 

I thought we were piss poor in that first - half, however, I never once thought we were out the game, and when the second went in I thought a Villa win was inevitable. I still would have been angry had we not taken any points from the game.

Big shout - out to Ross Barkley, looks like the perfect Emery player. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Tielemans....free

Barkley......£5m

Run the show

If i am being picky, i thought we was quite poor on the right, and probably lack a bit of pace at the back.

We have some very good players, Morgan, JJ, Maatasen, Onana, but you have the feeling Duran might be something special

Onana.......£50m 

Subbed at half time 🤣

Even when we were losing around the 48-54 min mark. I couldn't shake the feeling that we always looks a proper footballing side in possession now. Ive said it many times but I never could've imagined that I'd witness the Villa looking like a well oiled elite side week in and week out. When you'd watch SAF and Wenger get bang average players performing like world beaters and imagine what it would be like to have that kind of manager instead of wastemen like McLeish or Lambert or hell, even MON.

We do now. Praise be to Emery

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Reminds me of watching top 4 sides

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

There is a little concern about how easy Everton managed to get in behind us with relatively simple long balls. Hopefully it's just a bit of the rustiness that happens while they work out how to play together, as has happened last season. Rogers looked lively. Thought Bogarde had a decent game, but still shows moments of rawness. The more he plays, the more polished he will become. Thought Barkley played pretty well too when he came on. Pretty tidy with the ball, even in tight spaces. And I don't like Barkley, lol. And edited cos I forgot about Duran! BOOM! What a beautiful goal. Lovely two from Watkins too. Nice to see him get off the mark.

Overall, that was an interesting game. At 2-0, I admit that I wasn't happy because I thought "typical Villa" for gifting two goals to a terrible side, with a poor manager & massive lumps everywhere, who haven't won since christ knows when, etc.

For shame on me. Emery showed that his Villa teams are different. And I love him for that. I dont drink other than when Villa win, so another beer for me. 🍻

Cheers. UTV!

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you are a shambling drunken wreck by the end of the season 😃 😘

• Haha 3

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you are a shambling drunken wreck by the end of the season 😃 😘

The decision to keep my drinking down is purely by choice, but yeah, I agree, me too, lol... 

• Like 1

Heck, you can have all my money now if you can arrange a  goal like that every week!

Jhon Duran - step forward. You can now join the Pantheon of Villa piledrivers.

Bruce Rioch, Chris Nicholl, Savo, Hitzelberger et etc. feel free to add your favourite.

Wow!!!!

p.s. An important win. Nice cameo from Barkley and a good 90 minutes from Youri.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not going to name names as we all know the usual suspects but those individuals are **** children and can piss off from the match thread in the future. Place was a sesspit of bed wetting piss and cancerous comments when it was clear as day we were the better side and only 20 mins in against the most mentally fragile side in the country. 

Bunch of fickle piss ticklers. Fannies. 

Can always put people on ignore, y'know.

It makes the whole site a better place 😁

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â