• McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Barkley (Onana 46)
    • Maarsen (Ramsey 68)
    • Durán (Ramsey 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/24 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Big win. To be 2-0 down against anyone in this league and to win the game is massive. Big big win.

Agreed. The Sheffield United game last season definitely dented our home confidence and hopefully this game will have the reverse effect. Even if it is Everton, we showed so much heart to come back there.

Ollie: Poor Ollie. He found his scoring touch, scored two, and nobody will be talking about him.

Duran: Some won't like the first comparison, but we've found the Colombian Solskjaer...or maybe the Colombian Batistuta.

Tielemans: Runs the show smoothly.

Barkley: Co-runs the show smoothly.

Rogers: Does so much right but still making youthful mistakes...forces things, rushes things. When he starts making better decisions, he will be scary.

Digne: Wants to keep his job. Outstanding going forward.

Emi1: Still looked like he had a Copa America hangover first half, but began to look like himself 2nd half.

Emi2: Welcome back!

• Like 2

First of all I'm delighted we turned it around. But those two goals conceded were painful, we clearly still have some severe defensive issues. It was nice to see Watkins get his goals, especially after I was pretty damning of his performance at times. But that goal from Duran was truly special, you don't see many of those in your lifetime. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's mad, the number of **** hell villa how can we be losing to these they're shit this is embarrassing type posts and it's like yep these are shit, we're outplaying them, this isn't dead by a long shot

If people got less angry and saw the game for what it was they'd be far calmer and positive for it

The regular posters in the match thread exhaust me 

• Like 1

Tielemans....free

Barkley......£5m

Run the show

If i am being picky, i thought we was quite poor on the right, and probably lack a bit of pace at the back.

We have some very good players, Morgan, JJ, Maatasen, Onana, but you have the feeling Duran might be something special

A strange game. Looked mostly in control but any Everton attack was a worry, Torres and Konsa poor imo didn’t deal with DCL well at all. Please stop using Bogarde as a RB also. 

Missed something in attack today as well but second half it got better in that regard. 

All being said very important win and show of character from the players. Maybe too early to say but could be a big moment going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â