• McGinn
    • Watkins
    • Barkley (Onana 46)
    • Maarsen (Ramsey 68)
    • Durán (Ramsey 69)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/24 at 22:59

Everton were very unlucky not to take at least a point but Duran's goal was one of the best I've seen.

Torres is a big worry for me. His lack of pace and physicality might cost Villa in the CL.

Special mention for Humprey who I thought didn't look out of place at all.

Edited by striker
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Defence is still a shambles

Unai's magic and our attacking player will pull us through to top 6 but our defenders aren't as good as people think

A lot of that is because we're missing Kamara. Mings would help massively too.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Credit to Barkley, thought he had a really good game coming on at half time. Gave him MoM to acknowledge that even if maybe should have gone to Ollie or Duran

He was excellent. Just what was required, a calm, composed, wise head on shoulders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

A strange game. Looked mostly in control but any Everton attack was a worry, Torres and Konsa poor imo didn’t deal with DCL well at all. Please stop using Bogarde as a RB also. 

Missed something in attack today as well but second half it got better in that regard. 

All being said very important win and show of character from the players. Maybe too early to say but could be a big moment going forward. 

agree with this, also I don't think our entire right hand side looks balanced with McGinn and Bogarde. 

• Like 1

I literally swore when that Duran  strike went in 

Despite their 2 shots , 2 goals start , we dominated them from start to finish really , they are a fragile team and soon as we went 2-1 it looked likely we would go on and win 

Everyone put in a decent shift and look comfortable with what they are being asked to do , love that even at 0-2 we don’t abandon the Emery way 

2 goals will help him but Watkins still not looking quite right

i thought Bogarde did well , he looked out of his depth v. Leicester but much more composed today , still a few errors but he will only keep improving 

man of the match was a close run thing between Calvert-Lewis for his 2 misses or the Everton forward who stayed on his feet when he would have had the easiest pen in the world if he had hit the deck 

• Like 2

Even though I can’t believe what I’ve just saw,  i gave Digne MOTM, Watkins could have scored 3 or 4 today, some of the interchanges between Rogers,Maatsen,Ramsey are magical at times, and last but not least Duran is an absolute superstar for that strike 🏆 we have proved thus far that we are weaker this season, Everton didn’t get close to us last season and we probably don’t give them that two goal cushion

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Torres is a big worry for me. His lack of pace and physicality might cost Villa in the CL.

To the contrary...CL matches are often more of chess matches; PL matches depend more on pace and physicality. When Mings is back, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the PL and Torres in the CL.

21 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Some of you lot shouldn't be allowed to celebrate that win after the pathetic bed wetting earlier in the match.

It was unbearable, are we getting worse as a fanbase? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Pau is in the team for his passing. Hes not a bad defender, probably needs a more physical, quicker defender next to him. Hes one of the 1st names on the teamsheet for me.

The ball into Maatsen, which was played back for Ollie, who missed, was excellent

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Everton were very unlucky not to take at least a point but Duran's goal was one of the best I've seen.

Special mention for Bogarte who I thought didn't look out of place at all.

I think his physicality is more of an issue in the Premier League. You're not going to come up against many Calvert - Lewis type strikers in the CL.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â