Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Soft foul against Onana, not given... fine. But went then give a foul against Digne for their free kick. Consistency that means one of their goals shouldn't have stood. 

Also gave us a soft free kick when Gueye went near Ramsey.

You can't expect 100% consistency; it's not a thing.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

McGinn is at least trying to open them up. Onana must be the new flavour because he's been absolutely abhorrent. Static sloppy negative passing and so lazy.

Apart from the pass to Digne for the goal. But hey ho lets just ignore that.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Would love to know what's happening to Martinez. Should have saved the first and just stayed rooted to his line for the second. 

Changing the shirt number was madness. Never change a winning formula. 

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

McGinn useless as well really 

McGinn hasn't been as bad as some people are saying.

We've been attacking down our left rather than our right (which has worked well), so it's natural that he's seen less of the ball. He's had some good touches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Would love to know what's happening to Martinez. Should have saved the first and just stayed rooted to his line for the second. 

Yeah, that 2nd goal I said to my lads, I'm taking the lot. You come claim that, or at least punch it, and if Calvert-Lewin still fancies it, then he deals with getting a whack. 

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

If we had Konsa at RB and Mings back in the side today, this would be going very differently.

Bogarde is looking far better than last week but Calvert-Lewin is scaring the shit out of Pau Torres.

Most strikers in this league scare the shit out of Torres. He is like a real life inflatable wacky tube man

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Are you allowed to ask such questions ?

I have no faith in the VAR decision for their second. How am I supposed to trust they’ve used the right frame to make the call? From the wide angle, he looks half a yard off when the ball leaves the foot. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn has been better than Ramsey IMHO.

Yeah, Jaden for JJ is the switch we need - although I have a feeling Barkley might get on

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Right hand side a little unbalanced.

Philogene for McGinn, perhaps?

With a full back with no offensive bones in his body, you can’t play a grafter like McGinn there as well. Just no

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

No idea what you're talking about. We're carving them upon so regularly. It's ridiculous we're losing this game tbh and certainly been nothing wrong with the build-up.

Everton are **** mate. Even Spurs beat them 4-0. 

We’ve had lots of possession but done very little with it. As I said playing at walking pace. And our defending is shocking like it is every week.

Just now, El Zen said:

I have no faith in the VAR decision for their second. How am I supposed to trust they’ve used the right frame to make the call? From the wide angle, he looks half a yard off when the ball leaves the foot. 

The 1st is the more questionable one. 

They showed one angle of the replay and it's clear McNeil kicks through Onana's left leg, before touching the ball. 

Commentators explain why it’s not a foul for the first goal , yes the first challenge is legit , but his next attempt at the ball he takes Onana’s leg as he plays the ball , the freeze frame isn’t perfect but it has to be a foul you can’t kick someone’s leg before you nick the ball 

IMG_4330.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Just now, El Zen said:

I noticed that. Thought it was gonna be more clearer.

For me, he was slightly off when the ball actually left his foot.