Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

5/10 for Villa in that first half and still look very soft at the back with Torres the main culprit again.

Everton look very dangerous on the break.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They've identified who to bully to try and stop us.

That being said, I love Rogers running.

However a weakness is that sometimes he needs to know when to release it instead of trying to be Thor as it won't always work.

that being said he literally had no one to do that too on the last run he had

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I really **** hate playing Dyche teams, it's the same as itused to be with Pulis or Allardyce in the league, Refs let them do whatever they want because they've got a reputation of being tough so you've got to just be tougher. Then because Dyche wouldn't stand for any of that pansy falling down stuff, they get everything the moment they look slightly off balance.

Does my head in.

Dyche always looks like he should be in a hi-viz jacket covered in brown sauce stains, with a soggy roll up hanging out the corner of his gob. 

11 minutes ago, pregra said:

Not that Bogarde has been particularly bad, but surely Kosta in the 2nd half? Bogarde is a cone in possession

I don't think you're allowed to call people that any more.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With Mcginn and Ramsay we have no real width. 

I think I'd prefer Philogene on one side. 

We could even bring Buendia into the 10 and Rogers and Philogene wide. 

i kinda like that idea.

DCL is dominating our defenders physically.

Pau struggling defensivley but in possession is great..

I am worried because Onana seems to take little touches Youri is doing a lot of leg work in terms of dictating play..

Happy for Watkins, hopefully he can press ahead..

Ramsey.. i am unsure about him.. I would prefer to see Jaden that Jacob tbh..

Just now, jacketspuds said:

I’d actually be tempted to bring on Diego Carlos to outmuscle Calvert-Lewin, then move Konsa to RB.

Everytime they have a freekick that goes long just stick someone infront of and behind DCL and stop him winning it. It can't go anywhere else.

Look like we just rocked up hoping to win. No intensity or desire at times to static. Like it or not our defence is still a problem from last season.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can only see us winning this, come out flying, Rogers needs to do more of his runs

I miss the running at them rather than the passing around,  passing around keeps the possession, but running at them, gets in behind 

• Like 1

We should be creaming these today, we've had **** 78% possession.

Onana today - wtf?

Pau ignoring Digne in space for the entire half until Digne put that cross in for the goal.

Ramsey not at it, Rogers intent to putting every shot down Pickford's throat, Bogarde being generally not very good.

They've scored with the two shots they've had which says absolutely everything about the fragility of our defence. **** frightening sometimes how vulnerable we are.