Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

We have to absolutely come flying out the blocks second half. If we have any intention of top 4 we have to win our home games, especially against one of the worst teams in the league. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

With Mcginn and Ramsay we have no real width. 

I think I'd prefer Philogene on one side. 

We could even bring Buendia into the 10 and Rogers and Philogene wide. 

yeah we need to try something new second half to get going, because we're way too ponderous rn

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

Rogers is getting torn a new one today isn’t he? 

They've identified who to bully to try and stop us.

That being said, I love Rogers running.

However a weakness is that sometimes he needs to know when to release it instead of trying to be Thor as it won't always work.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Poor defending and goalkeeping for both goals. Ramsey has done nothing. Needs to br subbed 

My mate is at the game in the lower north. He said Emi seemed unsighted and was proper peed off with the 1st

• Thanks 1

If Ramsey hasn't got room to run into he's a passenger

Can't control or pass in tight spaces, and offers nothing defensively (his lazy tracking that led to the free kick for their second)

build up fine, finishing poor, defending atrocious. Should be 6-2 up but aren't. I'd say better teams would punish, but a **** shit one already is. Maybe we'll get away with and score twice more - which is the minimum required, not winning this fixture would be a joke - but if we don't improve the champions league campaign is going to be a wretched watch. Can you imagine Bayern against this defensive approach?

• Like 1

Everton playing 5 at the back.

We need more than Watkins and Rogers.

This is where we struggled last season nobody to unpick a low block we really needed a creative link player in summer.

Miss Bailey.

Ramsay genuinely appalling.

Onana sloppy.

McGinn needs to go middle, Maatsen and Philogene needs to run Young.

Aside Digne no width. Bogarde is 10 men in possession. Ramsay just wants to come inside and play easy passes. McGinn ain't no winger. Onana can't pass forward and bless Tielemans he's the only **** capable of creating anything.