Sie sind die Besten

These are the champions

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Style of play: YB is used to playing possession based football and are extremely quick in transition. Off the ball they press high and are vulnerable to counter attacks. Their defensive shortcomings are usually compensated by their attacking prowess (for Swiss standards). They typically play 4-2-3-1/4-2-2 with pacey wingers, target man and quick support striker behind him.

Sound like Emery Villa on a rare bad day. 

Thanks for the excellent post. You can see from this thread that we’re a very mature and serious group ( of 12-year-olds). 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Champions League Anthem lyrics:

Ce sont les meilleures équipes

Es sind die allerbesten Mannschaften

The main event

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

Une grande réunion

Eine grosse sportliche Veranstaltung

The main event

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

Ils sont les meilleurs

Sie sind die Besten

These are the champions

Die Meister

Die Besten

Les grandes équipes

The champions

Where's Amadou Onana when you need him. 

• Like 1

getting nervous now. we should win but this has legia away vibes. need 3 wins to progress and this should be one of them, but they were able to rest basically their entire side at the weekend for their cup game

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

For those who like to watch the boys standing around.

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Do you guys see it? It's actually incredible. In this video, the players very clearly group themselves in loose "language pods" -- little clusters of English or Spanish or and French/Dutch. Not a surprise, but it's so clear here. Very different vibes in the different groups, too. The English-language pod seems very jokey and playful. The Spanish one easygoing and rather a bit more serious. The French/Dutch/Belgian group a little more uncomfortable and tentative. There's some cross-pollination, too, but you can see the clustering for sure.  It's fascinating. I don't think I'm making this up.

Can Carlos show Pau his weight training secret?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Do you guys see it? It's actually incredible. In this video, the players very clearly group themselves in loose "language pods" -- little clusters of English or Spanish or and French/Dutch. Not a surprise, but it's so clear here. Very different vibes in the different groups, too. The English-language pod seems very jokey and playful. The Spanish one easygoing and rather a bit more serious. The French/Dutch/Belgian group a little more uncomfortable and tentative. There's some cross-pollination, too, but you can see the clustering for sure.  It's fascinating. I don't think I'm making this up.

Not convinced French/Dutch/Belgian makes up a viable language pod.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Going by our away from last season in Europe i'm predicting a 1-1 here

That wouldn't be a disaster, synthetic pitch and first match away. I'd take it, be bloody nice to win though 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not convinced French/Dutch/Belgian makes up a viable language pod.

Perhaps the non-Anglohispanic who eat big pots of mussels? 🤣

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Was marijuana recently legalized in your state?

• Haha 4