Brumstopdogs

I'm still really nervous about us playing on a plastic pitch. When I was following Wasps rugby, I dreaded them playing at Saracens because their pitch seemed to cause problems for a lot of visiting players. Hope the YB version is better than Sarries pitch. 

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Duran's scored 3 winning goals coming off the bench.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

if i was Duran i would be thinking exactly the same. Currently getting 30-40 mins per game,, coming on against tiring players which should give him more space/better chances to score, gets noticed/remembered for match winning goals rather than just making it 1-0 in a 2-1 win. Bar the odd bad day he will generally be coming on when we are either winning or drawing so no massive pressure on him to try and do something to rescue something and is effectively getting paid the same for doing only half the work. Would be mad to want to be starting every game 😁

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's on Paramount Plus in America, comparably low-priced, too.

As usual, I find the Europosh production quality of the UEFA-branded intros and graphics etc. just breathtakingly OVER THE TOP!!!

But in the USA, when the feed shifts to the US network team, it's like a quartet of 8-year-old cello learners suddenly dropped onto the stage of the Teatro Massimo. All the graphics and slick intro crap falls away like someone stole the show's clothes.

I'm hearing one of the CBS commentators go way out on a limb and predict a CL win for Man City.

Just seen that Matty Cash's sister Hannah was working on the morning show there. Great opportunity for her.

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Would have liked to have seen Duran start, he’s scored 3 winning goals in 4 games, what more could he possibly do to warrant a start? Also would have liked to see Maatsen start, really exciting whenever he’s played, seems like this would have been a good opportunity to test him out in the starting 11 especially as he has CL experience. We will need to rotate a bit at some point so I expected a couple of changes to keep us a bit fresher for Wolves and then beyond. 

I imagine changes will come against wolves and to be fair if he thinks this is his best side he has to go with it given young boys are struggling it’s to good an opportunity to think of resting players 

Just now, ender4 said:

I’m liking the TNT coverage. They are actually talking about Villa.  

Sky Sports would be talking about Man Utd and Liverpool right now!

I wish they would stop! It's risky, I tell you! The Jinx hath been proffered.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m liking the TNT coverage. They are actually talking about Villa.  

Sky Sports would be talking about Man Utd and Liverpool right now!

Just a shame Rio Ferdinand is there

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So about this whole synthetic pitch thing.

Will it help or hinder us?

I think the European style we play under Don Unai will balance out any risk. We can be calm and not run at Newcastle hundred miles and hour and risk anything on the pitch.

• Like 1

Excellent lineup. We're going for it in full force!

Love that Bogarde gets the nod, must be huge for him. Also happy that Ollie starts, his goals got us here and he deserves it. Digne has fought to keep his place in style. Absolute boss!

This is goddam historical, I wasn't even an idea last time we won it back in 1982. I can barely believe it. So **** stoked! I've dreamed about this for so long and never really thought I'd ever experience it. Thank you Unai and the boys. I bloody love this club! UTFV!

• Like 1