Brumstopdogs

Would have liked to have seen Duran start, he’s scored 3 winning goals in 4 games, what more could he possibly do to warrant a start? Also would have liked to see Maatsen start, really exciting whenever he’s played, seems like this would have been a good opportunity to test him out in the starting 11 especially as he has CL experience. We will need to rotate a bit at some point so I expected a couple of changes to keep us a bit fresher for Wolves and then beyond. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Would have liked to have seen Duran start, he’s scored 3 winning goals in 4 games, what more could he possibly do to warrant a start? Also would have liked to see Maatsen start, really exciting whenever he’s played, seems like this would have been a good opportunity to test him out in the starting 11 especially as he has CL experience. We will need to rotate a bit at some point so I expected a couple of changes to keep us a bit fresher for Wolves and then beyond. 

Watkins is the main player that got us to CL, leaving him out when he just scored 2 goals and getting in better shape? Also saying Maatsen has more experience than 31 year old Digne is bonkers 

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought we might see a few changes - looks like we're very keen to make sure we get points the board.

That's about as strong as we could put out given knocks etc.?

Ramsey and Rogers in the CL might be a treat, if they stay injury free and both hit top form could be an incredible attacking partnership. Is Olsen injured? Interesting Gauci and no Olsen. I might have started Ned but maybe that's too aggressive away from VP.

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Duran's scored 3 winning goals coming off the bench.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Just now, Alakagom said:

People expecting rotations are basically saying they wanna play weaker squad on our CL debut, absolutely insanity on this forums sometimes 😃

I think people want to get the right blend to win as many games as we can - I've got to admit, I thought we'd give a couple a rest with a tougher game to come at the weekend. I think we'll essentially play the same team now on Saturday and send the kids out on Tuesday at Wycombe.

If he's got it right, we win both games.

• Like 2

Little bit surprised he didn't make on or two changes but get the logic of going as strong as possible and getting the points on the board in the more winnable games. 

Plus it's early season and players should be fine with the number of minutes at the moment. It's closer to Christmas it starts getting mental and you need more  rotation.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

It's on Paramount Plus in America, comparably low-priced, too.

As usual, I find the Europosh production quality of the UEFA-branded intros and graphics etc. just breathtakingly OVER THE TOP!!! But hey, Villa deserve some Eurotrashy moments, too.

But in the USA, when the feed shifts to the US network team, it's like a quartet of 8-year-old cello learners suddenly dropped onto the stage of the Teatro Massimo. All the graphics and slick intro crap falls away like someone stole the show's clothes.

I'm hearing one of the CBS commentators go way out on a limb and predict a CL win for Man City. Ah, the insights! 🤣

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Nah seriously, this time this is pissing me off now.  I just missed my reservation for dinner at 6 (German) because I'm on my laptop in my room and it's ten past **** five (UK).

Telling the time shouldn't be this hard. 

• Haha 2

Champions League football for Aston Villa…. Wow, it’s here. This was a fantasy, a dream not so long ago… yet here we are and it’s all thanks to this man.

spacer.png

Thank you King Unai.

We really must relish and enjoy this whole experience… anything seems possible with this manager and credit to the players for stepping up too.

Enjoy.

UTV. 💜🩵

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1