Gary Shaw

rjw63

63 years old. I assumed he was older because he's from a time before I followed Villa. To put it in context from my era of players, Colin Calderwood is 59 now.

Tragic accident

• Like 1

Oh shit. I'd hoped with yesterday's false alarm he might make it through. 

I've had the pleasure of seeing him play at Villa Park but after his injury unfortunately so never saw his best live. 

Rest in Peace Gary. A true legend. 

• Like 1

Hated him cos all the teenage girls my age fancied him, meaning this spotty 16yr old oik had no chance with them.

But loved him more for all the times he sent me surge-tumbling down the holte as I celebrated another of his goals.

When you got the ball, you were bound to score....Gary, Gary Shaw. 

HEITS. RIP.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Would you include discussion forums like this one? 

I have never considered this forum to be "Social Media". It is a forum created for Villa fans - not to be used for any twaddle, as happens on Twitter etc.

My 1st true Villa Hero.  I remember playing with mates in the school playground it was always "I'm Gary Shaw"  A true Legend in every sense of the word.  RIP Gary. HEITS.

Edited by Shortie

You cannot mention 80/81, 82 and the glory years without mentioning Gary Shaw. One of the Country's top young strikers, an Aston Villa LEGEND. I was lucky to see him play live regularly during those glorious times as a fanatical Villa kid growing up. The greatest time to be a Villa fan imo. 

RIP Hero. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â