FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

Can the ticket office tell me why tickets are not sent as PDFs now.

I had to buy 4 for Bayern as I am the lead on the group of season tickets.  I have no problem downloading my tickets to Google Wallet.  The 2 I wanted to share with my friend I forwarded the email on but gives him an error.

If I download his on my Google Wallet I can't share with him as he has an Apple phone!!

Annoying 😑 

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I had to buy 4 for Bayern as I am the lead on the group of season tickets.  I have no problem downloading my tickets to Google Wallet.  The 2 I wanted to share with my friend I forwarded the email on but gives him an error.

If I download his on my Google Wallet I can't share with him as he has an Apple phone!!

Annoying 😑 

I had problems downloading my tickets for another match and got the club to send them again and that rectified it. I subsequently realised that it made no difference whether I clicked add to Apple or add to Google, it just added to my Apple wallet. 

It still might be worth asking your question though as I’m finding the ticketing system has become very glitchy and unreliable. 

Re PDFs, I think they are obliged to force everyone digital now, presumably for environmental reasons.

Edited by WallisFrizz

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

Can the club make sure that the Ticket Office has sufficient staff to be able to answer customer calls. 

First call not answered and dropped after 40 minutes. 3 subsequent attempts unable to be answered due to high call volumes.

No reflection on any of the staff who I have usually found to be very helpful but this is not very good.

Thanks.

I've just phoned as my Bayern ticket has not come through, nor have I been charged even though I opted into the champions league cup scheme, tried to phone and told me lines were too busy and call was dropped.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I had problems downloading my tickets for another match and got the club to send them again and that rectified it. I subsequently realised that it made no difference whether I clicked add to Apple or add to Google, it just added to my Apple wallet. 

It still might be worth asking your question though as I’m finding the ticketing system has become very glitchy and unreliable. 

Re PDFs, I think they are obliged to force everyone digital now, presumably for environmental reasons.

Last year you had an attachment which I think was a PDF where when clicking on it you could download to Google Walllet or Apple Pay or Print.

Now it's just 2 icons next to each ticket so you have to send the whole email and for security purposes I am guessing that does not work.

Things worked fine last year and they have basically messed things up.

Wasting my time in a phone que is not an option.

As discussed elsewhere re-open the ticket office so people can get stuff sorted.  Or employ more staff to fence calls especially at the start of the season when you know there will be teething problems.

Why does the ticketing website no longer work for buying tickets? 

For the Everton, Wolves and Man Utd matches, at the appointed time to buy tickets the website is a mess of glitches with ghost tickets, disappearing and reappearing seats, whole blocks greyed out then coming back to life later on, only allowing U14 options for a while, and so on.   

What used to take 2-3 minutes to buy tickets last season now becomes a 20 minute exercise in chasing ghost seats and blocks around the website. 

Are they even aware of this problem and do they plan to fix it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why does the ticketing website no longer work for buying tickets? 

For the Everton, Wolves and Man Utd matches, at the appointed time to buy tickets the website is a mess of glitches with ghost tickets, disappearing and reappearing seats, whole blocks greyed out then coming back to life later on, only allowing U14 options for a while, and so on.   

What used to take 2-3 minutes to buy tickets last season now becomes a 20 minute exercise in chasing ghost seats and blocks around the website. 

Are they even aware of this problem and do they plan to fix it?

This was my experience buying a one off against Wolves last season.

Can you mark as point 1, what a lazy bunch of useless f***s the ticket office is. Utter joke. U literally cannot get through to anyone. I’ve messaged on x to the support account since Friday and have had zero response. The phone line is an utter disgrace. Phoned 20 different times today and each time got told too busy call back another time. How can this be right for an organisation the size of Villa. It is awful. I genuinely want to know how many people they have working the phones. What KPIs they work to. They seem to take the longest breaks in the world. Truly pathetic!

As others have said it worth be mentioning the ticket website as it is sub optimal (being kind!)  and worse than the previous version they had.

Why does it take so long to purchase tickets?

For fans that don't want GA+ why can't we see a clear list of how many tickets are available in each section rather than having to click into each one?

Why is the ticket office not fit the purpose? Surely as a club we could employ a sensible number of staff to provide a half decent service and have certain standards they have to meet and are assessed against like many other organisations!

35 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

As others have said it worth be mentioning the ticket website as it is sub optimal (being kind!)  and worse than the previous version they had.

For fans that don't want GA+ why can't we see a clear list of how many tickets are available in each section rather than having to click into each one?

Why is the ticket office not fit the purpose? Surely as a club we could employ a sensible number of staff to provide a half decent service and have certain standards they have to meet and are assessed against like many other organisations!

The online process isn't great and does seem to have gotten worse in the last few years. I think demand has also had an impact on this.

The ticket office won't exist eventually so it won't be getting any better,  everything will be online with e-tickets and all enquiries or complaints will be via email or web forms with 48/72hr SLAs. They deffo need to invest in the ticketing app, it's not that user friendly and very hit and miss.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gabby_2010 said:

Why can’t you allocate season ticket games you can’t attend to a friend via the website? You have to phone ticket office. It’s easy to sell tickets back to the club online!

Yes that's true, but they want you sell it back to villa for 80% of what you paid for it, then they can resell it for lots more. Win - win for Villa. So make that easy for them and you.

But if you want to allocate a ticket to a friend you have to spend ages on the phone so another obstacle in the way...

20 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Annoying 😑 

They can't be passed on regardless from a wallet to another wallet, just forward the email and get him to open the email on his phone and download to his wallet.

46 minutes ago, wedge said:

They can't be passed on regardless from a wallet to another wallet, just forward the email and get him to open the email on his phone and download to his wallet.

I did that don't work!

Can Heck not post only positive news on his personal account.  Either post positive and negative news under his Twitter name or leave it all to the official AVFC account.  

Pure cowardice posting his statement after the Bayern sell out talking about fans frustration through the AVFC official account when he regularly posts positive news through his personal account.

Makes it worse that not every Villa fan follows his personal account and why would they.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can Heck not post only positive news on his personal account.  Either post positive and negative news under his Twitter name or leave it all to the official AVFC account.  

Pure cowardice posting his statement after the Bayern sell out talking about fans frustration through the AVFC official account when he regularly posts positive news through his personal account.

Makes it worse that not every Villa fan follows his personal account and why would they.

Brand Heck wouldn't look as good to his next employer then though would it? His timeline filled with angry replies and him having to block 5000 people from his profile.

Maybe they could just say at the FAB that we're not fickle, we just don't like him. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

This 

Another one with a ticket office moan. I've still not been able to add my ST to my google wallet as it says it on an Apple. Never been able to get through on the phone and they've stopped responding to DM's. They need more staff in this area 

• Like 1

Gents, thank you for all of your feedback - we'll endeavour to get as much of it through as we can, but obviously there's....welll....a lot and our time is limited. 

I'm going to lock up this thread for the moment - thank you again for all of the feedback and questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1