FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

On 04/09/2024 at 17:53, WallisFrizz said:

What efforts do the club make to value and recognise regular match attending members?

Dunno about you but I got a coffee cup. What more could I possibly want? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Given the recent issues involving toilet facilties in particular I would like the following questions answered.

1 - Does the club instigate a maintenence regime to maintain and maximise plant and associated key customer experience equipment. Are the club ensuring throuhj auditing, that they are receiving the standard of service they may be paying subcontract partners for?

2 - If yes to question one, why do the issues remain season after season such as overflowing urinals. The club had the entire summer break to carry out these relative simple PPM tasks to resolve the issue.

3 - If no ro question 1 why not? The club will be failing in its duties, and doesn't give a positive feeling that the remaining statutory tasks that may be required to be undertaken, are.

4 - Can the clubs dedicated facilties manager answer the above questions?

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Have they changed the pricing category for young flies from U18 days to U14 days?

I've just noticed summat, about to look on official site now, my lad is 11 so won't effect me anyway

54 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Have they changed the pricing category for young flies from U18 days to U14 days?

It's been changed back, so it was either an error or there's been a 'tactical withdrawl'.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's been changed back, so it was either an error or there's been a 'tactical withdrawl'.

I honestly think they tried to pull a fast one

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Probably suffered a similar IT fault as those hotels in Manchester whose systems somehow managed to delete pre-existing bookings when Oasis announced their tour

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Get more sponsorship deals. Leverage the incredible reach of the owners... there are countless companies Atairos have access to.

Who's our training kit sponsor, who's name is on Bodymoor Heath, who's our official energy drink partner???

These are avenues to substantial investment but they take work.

@OutByEaster? If this can be raised please.

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Doubling or tripling the prices on match day is easy.... Unfortunately it won't make much financial difference in the grand scheme of things but it will alienate your customers.... I don't understand where the "win" is...

It's like they're choosing to attack fans instead of doing their job of raising real money.

• Like 2

Have the club ever thought about taking say ten season ticket holders from each stand around Villa Park to talk about ground improvements etc?  When I attend a game or walk around the ground, I sometimes see something and think shame that isn’t working or why hasn’t that had a fresh coat of paint or that could be metal rather than plastic or why is that sticking out or not even?  Do we really have to have that, or why can’t we have this here?

We all see things around the ground from time to time, whether it be external or internal that we feel could be improved or would look better on the eye. Would the club consider this? Just think it would be great idea to get a feel for what the actual customer/fan thinks?

Hey, we may just have some great thoughts/ideas that the club haven’t seen or identified.

Thanks again 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have the club ever thought about taking say ten season ticket holders from each stand around Villa Park to talk about ground improvements etc?  When I attend a game or walk around the ground, I sometimes see something and think shame that isn’t working or why hasn’t that had a fresh coat of paint or that could be metal rather than plastic or why is that sticking out or not even?  Do we really have to have that, or why can’t we have this here?

We all see things around the ground from time to time, whether it be external or internal that we feel could be improved or would look better on the eye. Would the club consider this? Just think it would be great idea to get a feel for what the actual customer/fan thinks?

Hey, we may just have some great thoughts/ideas that the club haven’t seen or identified.

Thanks again 

It would be a good idea if they gave a flying shit about the experience. We're walking wallets, and we can walk through piss as long as the money keeps flowing.

On 04/09/2024 at 17:53, WallisFrizz said:

I know I’ve already asked a question and this is linked to my first question but I’m becoming increasingly dismayed at how members are valued (or not) by the club.

I don’t think they realise/care that many of today’s members have previously been STH and have supported the club for decades, attending hundreds of matches along the way. 

The CL ticket prices have again given a kick in the teeth to non-season ticket holders. 

What efforts do the club make to value and recognise regular match attending members? STH are already given a guarantee of CL tickets, better access to away tickets, cheaper PL cost per match and now cheaper CL tickets. Happening to be a STH through the championship period is not the only barometer for loyalty that should be rewarded and not being a STH through the championship period does not indicate disloyalty. 

There is a massive difference between someone who buys a membership so they can get a semi final ticket or a Bayern Munich ticket and someone who has been a member for years and attends regularly yet they are lumped in together. 

A loyalty/points system based on expenditure could do this credited against your Villa Membership. It could be anything Villa related: shop, hospitality, but clearly the big one will be match tickets? You could even weight tickets if that was a baromeeter of being a 'better/more loyal' fan?

19 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Given the recent issues involving toilet facilties in particular I would like the following questions answered.

1 - Does the club instigate a maintenence regime to maintain and maximise plant and associated key customer experience equipment. Are the club ensuring throuhj auditing, that they are receiving the standard of service they may be paying subcontract partners for?

2 - If yes to question one, why do the issues remain season after season such as overflowing urinals. The club had the entire summer break to carry out these relative simple PPM tasks to resolve the issue.

3 - If no ro question 1 why not? The club will be failing in its duties, and doesn't give a positive feeling that the remaining statutory tasks that may be required to be undertaken, are.

4 - Can the clubs dedicated facilties manager answer the above questions?

In fairness, whilst the urinal thing is clearly unacceptable and unpleasant for everyone involved, I'm not sure its a regular thing? The problem with match day is heavy traffic - if there is a block somewhere in the system it backs right up very quickly and without warning and with literally thousands of people going at the same time there is no chance to respond on what would be an acceptable time (like absolutely immediately). If it happened at say a wedding venue, you could reasonably direct people to other toilets but with thousands piling in to go at the intervals there is little option available to remedy it.

I am not excusing it but the bigger and avoidable issue was ST holders having no seats, other matters seemed unfortunate or fixable. 

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

In fairness, whilst the urinal thing is clearly unacceptable and unpleasant for everyone involved, I'm not sure its a regular thing? The problem with match day is heavy traffic - if there is a block somewhere in the system it backs right up very quickly and without warning and with literally thousands of people going at the same time there is no chance to respond on what would be an acceptable time (like absolutely immediately). If it happened at say a wedding venue, you could reasonably direct people to other toilets but with thousands piling in to go at the intervals there is little option available to remedy it.

I am not excusing it but the bigger and avoidable issue was ST holders having no seats, other matters seemed unfortunate or fixable. 

It has been reported as a repeated failure for over a decade.

Having a simple PPM regime in place would prevent this.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

People Pissing Management?

Piss Performance Management?

I genuinely can't work out that acronym. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Piss Pot Management ?