FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

Everyone invited to the meeting should ensure that Heck is going to turn up, and then boycott it at the last minute leaving him on his own.

He and the club clearly don't give a toss about us.

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

@OutByEaster? It might ne worth pointing out the iconic nights we had against Inter Milan (twice) and Atletico Madrid. The atmosphere was electric.  

What will the atmosphere be like if the core fan is priced out of the champions league games?

Prawn sandwiches, half and half scarves and people chatting rather than watching the game, or doing selfies while the game is on.

• Like 2

I admire the persistence of the representatives that continue to attend these meetings. Giving up your valuable time to be consistently fobbed off or all out ignored must be incredibly frustrating. As a general fan who reads the filtered down minutes I can’t help but wonder whether these meetings are at all productive or simply a charade the club entertains to show face (or not in the case of Mr Heck). 

If they haven’t already I might suggest that some of them give up their seats in the directors box to go undercover at a home game in each of the stands and experience things through our eyes. From transport to food/drinks and toilets etc. Because that’s the only way improvements will ever be made. At the moment they see us as a whining bunch of nobodies who should be grateful for CL football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

Good on them. That's two now with MOMS isn't it?

Didn't know they'd gone?

David M is a right grumpy bugger. He's exactly the sort of fan who I want in there giving the sock cookers hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

MOMS hasn't gone - he's just taken on the role of co-chair!

Great to hear. 

He'll run rings round those sock cookers.

One grumpy bastard, there's only one grumpy bastarrrd.

4 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

And another thing !! 😀

when you look closer at the UCL pricing  you can see further erosion on the discount of over66, Under 21 and service personnel. They do not like missing any opportunity! Grrr!

I think we all underestimated exactly HOW big Dignes wages are! 

You want to see this superstar play, it’s going to cost you. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I know I’ve already asked a question and this is linked to my first question but I’m becoming increasingly dismayed at how members are valued (or not) by the club.

I don’t think they realise/care that many of today’s members have previously been STH and have supported the club for decades, attending hundreds of matches along the way. 

The CL ticket prices have again given a kick in the teeth to non-season ticket holders. 

What efforts do the club make to value and recognise regular match attending members? STH are already given a guarantee of CL tickets, better access to away tickets, cheaper PL cost per match and now cheaper CL tickets. Happening to be a STH through the championship period is not the only barometer for loyalty that should be rewarded and not being a STH through the championship period does not indicate disloyalty. 

There is a massive difference between someone who buys a membership so they can get a semi final ticket or a Bayern Munich ticket and someone who has been a member for years and attends regularly yet they are lumped in together. 

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and I too feel like it’s a kick in the teeth. This shouldn’t be about season ticket holders v members, I have sympathy for all as we’re all being fleeced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tap up Comcast for the streaming rights!!!

There's clearly some issues that need addressing. I hope they can improve the communication and give a plan of action. They risk this becoming a bigger problem than it needs to be.