FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Allocation was 3,000 I think - I have a feeling the club takes 10% for Hospitality and guests. I think it might always have been this way.

Ah okay, is it okay to ask the Q if the GA+ allocation is part of the usual 10% then please sir? 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 20:06, Tomaszk said:
  • Specifics on the situation that led to season ticket holders being moved to seats that did not exist - what plans were they working off? Do they think they're missing a few people in between the top sock cookers down to people who are meant to clean bird shit off seats before the first game of the season? It's fairly clear they are IMO.

I thought Heck had flushed out all the sock cookers?

21 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Why season tickets holders in L5 were relocated to L4 without explanation or compensation to then find supporters from other stands sitting in their previous seats.

Seconding this. Had my seats directly behind the goal in L5 for decades, and the people I go with since they bought off-plan when the stand was built. We're been moved different numbers of seats away, we no longer sit together, and yet the seats (well, standing bits) are still there and occupied.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 20:22, cauley81 said:

the ‘grand plan’ is to keep fans (customers) in and around the ground before and after games to spend mone

Any plans to re-open the concourse bars in 2025 after the game or they still playing the Social distancing card? 

• Like 2

My thoughts:

Is there a Facilities manager? I assume they must have? Its all well and good everyone always piling on Heck, but surely the facilities manager is accountable for the infrastructure and its matchday performance, he should be the one receiving the flack?

Is there a fan liaison officer (team?)/customer care who manages customer experience which is predominantly matchday, and takes on board comments and feedback? An email or Twitter/X account would be a good place to aggregate these and communicate matchday fan messages?

The club could post up videos on their YT channel and the official website to show how to set up your digital ST and prepare for the turnstiles when entering the ground. Seemingly a lot of the delay was people not having this ready when they got to the turn stile. Clearly this could have been managed better on the day with additional stewards prepping fans before they hit the turn stiles? It could also show what is on offer (new fan zone) and how to benefit from it.

Its all well and good having an official beer supplier at the exclusion of all others, but if the offering is sh*t then they wont sell as much and will go off-ground to enjoy a decent pint and inevitably food etc so the spend will be with others. 

More generally, and adding to others comments:

Better communication via the website for fans on what has been done (club shop, fan zone, player arrival zone experience, away game viewing at lower terrace, new hospitality options etc, parking), and what is planned - what is the roadmap for ground infrastructure and fan facility upgrades and expansion including travel, access and egress; Ground expansion?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, peterw said:

Could something like 5% of an away ticket allocation be ring-fenced for claret club members rather than the whole allocation going to season ticket holders.

How does this generate the club income?

Waste of time.

next!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

£10m is a lot of pounds - at two thirds of that we'd have been losing out on £3.3m, not much more than 1% of our total income - we didn't have to sell a player because our tickets were too cheap - our tickets for this are 30% dearer than Arsenal and Liverpools, they're 80% dearer than Celtics -we need to find ways to increase our commercial income, that's the big one, sponsorships and so on, fleecing the most loyal supporters and using that loyalty to do it is a really shitty way for a business to drag 1% extra into their revenue lines.

Can this be put to them please.

With specifics on %s.

These tickets are not easing PSR to any meaningful degree, so why are the club doing it? Why are they gouging fans? 

Perhaps the lie from previous FAB meetings of "there are no FFP decisions" can be included in the question so they don't simply put out another rude dismissal.

___

Heck's Adidas deal.

Nearly half of Newcastle's Adidas deal.

Why is Everton's deal with our previous supplier worth over £20m a season to them? More than our deal with Adidas?

With Champions League football, this is what Heck could do? Very poor isn't it?

Why is the club lacking in this area?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

With specifics on %s.

These tickets are not easing PSR to any meaningful degree, so why are the club doing it? Why are they gouging fans? 

Perhaps the lie from previous FAB meetings of "there are no FFP decisions" can be included in the question so they don't simply put out another rude dismissal.

___

Heck's Adidas deal.

Why is Everton's deal with our previous supplier worth over £20m a season to them? More than our deal with Adidas?

Everton's deal doesn't just encompass kit but much more, including stadium name rights I believe. Not comparable. 

On Newcastle front, they were planning parternship with Adidas for some time, we literally were signed to Castore, had to break contract  and try to get Adidas to link up to increase our brand rep, again quite different cirmucstances. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

With specifics on %s.

___

Heck's Adidas deal.

Chris Heck is obviously on a substantial bonus relating to revenue generating. He's a self serving Representative for North East Somerset 

• Like 1

Front and centre, the astonishingly shit Champions League prices. The club is getting a battering for this on X, hopefully, (but doubtfully), the club will react.

After that, facilities, why are they still so awful?

With Champions League being 8pm kick offs my junior season ticket is not going to be used for my 8 year old.   I will upgrade it to an adults can you ask if this is possible and how they are issuing tickets?   Will it just be using the season ticket NFC or separate digital tickets.

On 03/09/2024 at 16:36, tomav84 said:

i know the toilets have been mentioned, but just wanted to make sure it's made clear that this problem has been raised to them before:

Deja poo

• Haha 1