FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

At what point did GA+ STH be allowed to skip the queue for away tickets? And what is the rationale, despite money, behind that.

The club made changes to help the allocation of away tickets (supposedly, from someone who's been second tier for about 6 years and cannot get to top tier due to the smaller allocations) and I'm still second tier this season. Now it looks as though fans in our position may be penalised further, if these GA+ reservations continue, particularly for grounds such as Brentford where the allocation is small but we've always been on the cusp of getting one.

Not happy about that decision from the club in the slightest. Why make a song and dance about changing the away tickets thing in the first place if they're gonna offer reservations to other fans who wish to spend more?

image.png.70ac19b3573957bf6a1aad05eee04c4b.png

I think it should be raised that many of the new seats only seem to be fixed by 2 out of 4 screw holes.  Surely not right.

And I'd love to know the selection process for the seats because they are REALLY cheap and nasty. Far worse than other stadium seats I've sat in. If they've just bought the cheapest I'd say it's a false economy because they're going to be replacing them frequently. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

What is the timetable for the Warehouse project? Is this going to commence this season now that we are planning to put in a temporary facility at the back of the North Stand?

If the initial redevelopment plans are dead then why is the future vision of Vill Park stuff still on the website?

How is the club going to long term solve the issue of massive demand for tickets and limited supply? Are we not in danger of losing the next generation of fans to go and watch live football at Villa Park?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

At what point did GA+ STH be allowed to skip the queue for away tickets? And what is the rationale, despite money, behind that.

The club made changes to help the allocation of away tickets (supposedly, from someone who's been second tier for about 6 years and cannot get to top tier due to the smaller allocations) and I'm still second tier this season. Now it looks as though fans in our position may be penalised further, if these GA+ reservations continue, particularly for grounds such as Brentford where the allocation is small but we've always been on the cusp of getting one.

Not happy about that decision from the club in the slightest. Why make a song and dance about changing the away tickets thing in the first place if they're gonna offer reservations to other fans who wish to spend more?

image.png.70ac19b3573957bf6a1aad05eee04c4b.png

I think the allocation has always been there, it may have increased as the hospitality numbers have been increased, but this might just be about it being more visible now. Which game is your example from? It looks like six rows of 42 and one row of 18, so 270 seats - it'd be interesting to take that example to the meeting knowing the total allocation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

One way to solve this could be to restrict any memberships made after the draw from buying UCL tickets.

At least put them a level/date behind memberships made before that date.

For the 1% of Villa fans it might restrict, it'll stop 75% of Celtic fans.

I don't disagree but this would have to exclude renewals.

I'm on an annual renewal due to renew next week, so please don't leave me out :D 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree but this would have to exclude renewals.

I'm on an annual renewal due to renew next week, so please don't leave me out :D 

So you bought your membership after the season started, glory hunter 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i know the toilets have been mentioned, but just wanted to make sure it's made clear that this problem has been raised to them before:

Villa giving the same energy:

spacer.png

@OutByEaster?

The minutes from the FAB meeting with the club during the back end of last season (22nd May 2024) posted kindly on VT a response from the club as per the below regarding sales windows for home match tickets during the 2024-25 season:

'we will however be offering a dedicated sales window for match by match tickets to ensure that waiting list members are prioritised before tickets go on general sale'.

On Tuesday 9th July 2024 - I asked the club via email to clarify their latest position on this matter ahead of the 2024-25 season and receiving the following response on Wednesday 10th July:

The sales criteria and on-sale dates for match tickets for the upcoming season will be announced shortly. This announcement will outline the extra priority on match tickets that will be given to supporters on the season ticket waiting list. This approach of giving extra priority ahead of the general sales window will not only reward the loyalty of our dedicated supporters who are patiently waiting for the opportunity to purchase a season ticket but also help reduce the number of supporters purchasing tickets simultaneously.”

Please could the club be asked to clarify this, as for the three home matches that have gone on sale for the 2024-25 season (Arsenal,  Everton and Wolves)  there has been no such window and it has just been on sale straight away to all Claret etc members, is the priority window for supporters on the ST waiting list only going to be applicable to UEFA Champions League home matches, or has this idea been scrapped completely?

Many thanks OBE, as always.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TDR V2 said:

So you bought your membership after the season started, glory hunter 🤣

The actual story is last season it was set to auto renew. But just didn’t. 

I only found out when I went to buy tickets and couldn’t. 

It even said “due to auto renew August 10th 2023”. It was September 2023 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the allocation has always been there, it may have increased as the hospitality numbers have been increased, but this might just be about it being more visible now. Which game is your example from? It looks like six rows of 42 and one row of 18, so 270 seats - it'd be interesting to take that example to the meeting knowing the total allocation.

That was from the Ipswich sale today mate. I didn't realise the allocation worked like that, still not a fan of the GA+ getting extra priority on already very limited numbers

43 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

That was from the Ipswich sale today mate. I didn't realise the allocation worked like that, still not a fan of the GA+ getting extra priority on already very limited numbers

Allocation was 3,000 I think - I have a feeling the club takes 10% for Hospitality and guests. I think it might always have been this way.

• Like 1