FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

14 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Why does there have to be such a difference in facilities between GA and GA+. 

I accept longer queues in GA but I don't accept piss covered toilets or having to suffer a portaloo, I'm not at a festival

You shouldn't have to accept longer queues either, and it's in the club's own interest to get as many orders ringing through the tills as possible. I don't understand how this is still a problem, how it still doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody to pre-pour hundreds of pints before half-time, why I still saw (last season, wasn't at the Arsenal game) a serving person carefully pouring a pint in a way to absolutely minimise the amount of head on it when all anyone wants is to get beer down them quickly. 

The club can find other, more sensible ways to make GA+ a better experience than GA rather than imposed rationing through queues. 

• Like 2

Why season tickets holders in L5 were relocated to L4 without explanation or compensation to then find supporters from other stands sitting in their previous seats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

@OutByEaster?

10 days after the Arsenal game and people are in the dark over those ghost seats. Please include in question.

It is still worth asking a question on this, however as mentioned on the season tickets thread the club will be contacting supporters affected shortly so that will likely be the answer you’ll get. Unfortunately without knowing what the solution is (installing seats, moving STH again, any compensation) it is not easy to pitch a question as it is still an ongoing issue. It would be nice to know how this happened in the first place but that would involve accepting some criticism/blame. 

The previously imposed restrictions from UEFA regarding the ownership stake in Vitoria are coming to an end. Do the club plan to increase this stake to previous level and are there any other clubs being sought as part of the continued multi-club model?

Given the continued pressure from PSR and other financial restrictions, is Chris Heck able to outline some of the additional revenue streams being sought to drive the revenue curve?  (Representatives from Uzbekistan were recently visiting Villa Park. Was this in a potential sponsorship capacity?)

Will the club look to replicate some of the actions of our peers in selling the women's team or players between our sister companies?  Or is this a line Aston Villa won't cross?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OBE, could you please raise the issue regarding toilets in the Holte Upper. (K6 lower level)

I take is as a given, they will fix the issue from the Arsenal match but there is still an issue of capacity.

When they inserted the Terrace View they removed far more toilet capacity than they reinstated. The new toilets are fine but only have 6 stalls in the mens. They have allowed plenty of room for queueing but there is sufficient space to double the number of stalls. Could easily be done in the next International break.

This will not totally remove the problem at peak times but will make a significant difference.

Thanks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You shouldn't have to accept longer queues either, and it's in the club's own interest to get as many orders ringing through the tills as possible. I don't understand how this is still a problem, how it still doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody to pre-pour hundreds of pints before half-time, why I still saw (last season, wasn't at the Arsenal game) a serving person carefully pouring a pint in a way to absolutely minimise the amount of head on it when all anyone wants is to get beer down them quickly. 

The club can find other, more sensible ways to make GA+ a better experience than GA rather than imposed rationing through queues. 

I think certain queues are acceptable, I'm not a half time drinker and I tend to only have one before kick off if I'm driving. Sometimes if a pub is busy you have to queue to that's not an issue.

My big issue is standards and level of cleanliness. We aren't paying £3 to stand in the holte anymore, we are paying £60-£70 a time, even more if you have folks or kids with you. We only ask to use a toilet that isn't covered in piss or shit, they are used once a fortnight not daily so it can't be that hard to fix issues and keep them clean. They could clean them during the first half so they are ready for the half time rush. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

The previously imposed restrictions from UEFA regarding the ownership stake in Vitoria are coming to an end. Do the club plan to increase this stake to previous level and are there any other clubs being sought as part of the continued multi-club model?

Given the continued pressure from PSR and other financial restrictions, is Chris Heck able to outline some of the additional revenue streams being sought to drive the revenue curve?  (Representatives from Uzbekistan were recently visiting Villa Park. Was this in a potential sponsorship capacity?)

Will the club look to replicate some of the actions of our peers in selling the women's team or players between our sister companies?  Or is this a line Aston Villa won't cross?

Ooo, we've upgraded from Representatives for Wellingborough?

On a positive note i did want to comment about an improvement on the transport front. (based purely on the Arsenal match)

As well as the new trains on the Crosscity line having more passenger capacity it seemed to be that the WMT/Railtrack/whomever allowed more time for the train to stand in the station and fill all 6 cars. If the club have had any involvement in getting the scheduling to allow a few more minutes in the station please pass on my thanks.

All we need to do now is educate some selfish (other words were considered)  fans to move down the carriages, allow others to get on and not shout abuse at people trying to get home.😀

Whilst the station improvements at Witton & Aston will be welcome, the new trains make a big difference. If WMT could put extra services on for matchday, live would be so much better.

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

My opinion on this is it's a symptom of using temporary staff.

I assume most of the people working in the food and drink kiosks are temp staff. They're probably paid minimum wage, they don't give a shit about the job and why should they? I wouldn't.

They don't care about getting you your drink quicker. They care about getting to the end of the shift.

Until that's fixed, nothing will change. There's no continuous improvement or retained knowledge because the staff are constantly changing.

I don't know what the solution is. I assume it's not cost effective to get permanent staff and/or pay them more.

But maybe better paid managers who can put a better system in place and be there on the day to motivate/tell the staff to do things quicker would be a start

As you say, it doesn't take a genius to suggest pouring a hundred pints before half time.

And they've clearly implemented the system of having a runner while someone else takes the order. But the execution of that is so pathetic it actually ends up taking longer

• Like 2

Are there any plans to sell the naming rights of Villa Park or any of the four stands?

If so, what stage of the proces are the club at with this?

22 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Are there any plans to sell the naming rights of Villa Park or any of the four stands?

If so, what stage of the proces are the club at with this?

On top of this are there any plans to have a training kit sponsor?

Were the gates still shut before the Arsenal game because they were still adding finishing touches? Heard sone people mention wet paint.

Can the club discuss the off field strategy for growing revenue?  We've taken great strides here and that should be applauded in terms of commercial partnerships but:

- Are we expected to see other significant corporate partners come on board during the season (ie training kit and ground sponsor)

- We don't appear to be attracting blue-chip sponsorship as other clubs of similar performance are - ie no car manufacturer sponsor, no tyre firm, no airline, no tech company/manufacturer - are the club targeting high value corporate partnerships?  How is the strategy paying out and will we see a large number of partners announced during the season? 

And I echo the question about the medium/long term plan for Villa Park and increased capacity - does the club still have this ambition?  What is going on with the wider Master Planning with Birmingham City Council and the West Midlands Combined Authority - should we expect to see significant proposals as part of this?

Thanks for taking these on board and asking the club!

• Thanks 1

Maybe a bit too "heresay" but something id have like to raise to the club if possible.

GA+ tickets seem to be available via third parties, this removes restrictions which check the booking history of fans. Im aware that a number of Celtic fans are hoping to exploit this in our upcoming Champions League fixture and some of which have also purchase Villa Memberships to hopefully allow GA+ purchases through the club. What more can be done to make sure that Villa fans are the ones that get to experiences the nights we've waited so long for.

• Like 4

I think all of us would want to applaud the brilliant kit launch video. Including Geezer and Ozzy got it so much publicity and it might well have sold a few extra kits (the new kits are excellent too). 

Would it be possible to have a re-think about closing off the entire Witton Lane at the North Stand for European games? Walking around the whole ground can be a bit of a challenge for elderly and/or disabled supporters who sit in the Witton Lane Stand/Holte End, approaching Villa Park from Witton island. Do we also really need to treat all our CL visitors as potential threats, just because Legia fans misbehaved so badly last year?

As has already been said above. It would greatly help the toilet situation if someone could pop around with a mop and bucket before half, as well as before full time to do a tidy up. Could we also open the turnstiles 90 minutes before the game, as fans will be arriving early, in anticipation of joining long lines again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Maybe a bit too "heresay" but something id have like to raise to the club if possible.

GA+ tickets seem to be available via third parties, this removes restrictions which check the booking history of fans. Im aware that a number of Celtic fans are hoping to exploit this in our upcoming Champions League fixture and some of which have also purchase Villa Memberships to hopefully allow GA+ purchases through the club. What more can be done to make sure that Villa fans are the ones that get to experiences the nights we've waited so long for.

One way to solve this could be to restrict any memberships made after the draw from buying UCL tickets.

At least put them a level/date behind memberships made before that date.

For the 1% of Villa fans it might restrict, it'll stop 75% of Celtic fans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

One way to solve this could be to restrict any memberships made after the draw from buying UCL tickets.

At least put them a level/date behind memberships made before that date.

For the 1% of Villa fans it might restrict, it'll stop 75% of Celtic fans.

You don't even need to be a member to buy ga+ anyway. Just have a fan ID. This is why there were loads of Arsenal fans in there. 

Unless they implement that for Champions League games, I don't see them doing what you're proposing.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

You don't even need to be a member to buy ga+ anyway. Just have a fan ID. This is why there were loads of Arsenal fans in there. 

Unless they implement that for Champions League games, I don't see them doing what you're proposing.

Sorry, yes, they should do it for fan ID I meant then.

It won't solve the issue long-term, but Celtic/Rangers fans are particularly active going to English grounds.

• Like 1