FAB meeting - Mid September 2024

OutByEaster?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Before the kit was out, people were going mad, excited to give the club money.

Identical cat A prices wouldn't have raised one single headline.

Heck has turned fans against the club. People will be making a concerted effort to not spend a penny at Villa Park.

@OutByEaster?

Ticketing decisions has led to this.

If this could be included in the list please.

"It was such short notice and while we did expect an increase, not double. How can you find that money in that time? My disabled brother relies on income from benefits and he has to pay for carers for himself. He has to use his money to pay for his carers, so to ask for another £190 to pay in a week is just unacceptable. They didn’t give us six or eight weeks to get the money together, it felt like now or never."

Please ask them why they seem to be taking decisions to the dentimriment of our fans, without any thought to plan ahead for these. Everything seems rushed and last minute.

The wet paint on the stairwells.

The CL prices, which were more than most expected, were announced a couple of days before the money was then extracted from ST holders bank accounts that had selected the auto purchase option. 

The announcement of 100% price hikes to disabled parking spaces a week before they have to be paid for in full.

The toilets weren't even last minute fixes, they're still broken. 

It's all take. The give being seemingly what Emery is getting our players to deliver on the pitch. They have to understand that this isn't isn't the only thing fans care about. It's a huge part of it, but not all of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

The reasoning behind this would be nice to get explained.

Of all of the things coming out of the off the field aspects of the club in the last few months, this is the most egregious and outrageous. The absolutely morally bankrupt clearing in the woods. Wtf do they think this looks like and wtf took this kind of decision. It just comes across and puninaitve and pointless too. What does this actually raise....a couple of grand extra. For services that we already fail to deliver our legal obligations in terms of both numbers and acess. Is there no way of running a player sponsor the parking space thing? Is digne aware that this is what the club think is the right way to pay his wages? Is the club or the are the owners really this skint? Or.....do they just want anyone who isn't minted, gullable and transient out of the club. I think I am seriously close to done if this is the present and the future. They won't miss me, they won't care. The days of being in relegation fights or the championship are probably long gone. They are obs very confident of that, cause they really don't care that the likes of me and my family are not going to be around for much longer. 

Can this please be raised for a rethink, reimbursement and a refresh of how the club thinks about its vulnerable fans and those of us with just a little bit less than them. Cheers. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Interesting use of the official app there, they didn't announce the increase on it but they have announced the reversal on it

Not that interesting. They tried to sneak the bad news through but shouted really loud about the “good” news

IMG_6043.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Have the club ever thought about taking say ten season ticket holders from each stand around Villa Park to talk about ground improvements etc?  When I attend a game or walk around the ground, I sometimes see something and think shame that isn’t working or why hasn’t that had a fresh coat of paint or that could be metal rather than plastic or why is that sticking out or not even?  Do we really have to have that, or why can’t we have this here?

We all see things around the ground from time to time, whether it be external or internal that we feel could be improved or would look better on the eye. Would the club consider this? Just think it would be great idea to get a feel for what the actual customer/fan thinks?

Hey, we may just have some great thoughts/ideas that the club haven’t seen or identified.

Thanks again 

I agree this would be a good suggestion for the meeting.

I would also like (but expect they won't) for appropriate club officials to come in and experience, say, the Holte End facilities before kick off / half time / full time for themselves. Is that something they're prepared to do? If not, why not?* 

*I appreciate the opportunity for them to walk in piss is not an enticing one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I know you've got good intentions here, but can we please stop reinforcing the club's narrative that this has been reversed. Read it again, it hasn't been.

A disabled fan that can get a match day parking spot that hasn't bought a year in advance will still be charged twenty quid. This presumably also means they'll all be charged 20 quid a game for the cups. They're also very clearly making out they're doing this subset of fans that signed up for the year a temporary favour, and it'll be 400 quid next year.

It's good news in the short term for the affected fans, but it's not a reversal, it's not an apology, and it's not good enough

Sorry mate, I wasn't reinforcing anything.

I posted it from the app, nothing else. It just says folk that have parking will pay the same as last year.. 

Don't think that I'm with the club on any of this, cos I'm not... plenty of other folk you can aim that at

Cheers

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I know you've got good intentions here, but can we please stop reinforcing the club's narrative that this has been reversed. Read it again, it hasn't been.

A disabled fan that can get a match day parking spot that hasn't bought a year in advance will still be charged twenty quid. This presumably also means they'll all be charged 20 quid a game for the cups. They're also very clearly making out they're doing this subset of fans that signed up for the year a temporary favour, and it'll be 400 quid next year.

It's good news in the short term for the affected fans, but it's not a reversal, it's not an apology, and it's not good enough

That's not strictly true either though. The wording is ambiguous and it's not clear what their intentions are for next season, but they've not said it will go back up. Just like they haven't said it will stay as it is now. 

You can't lambast someone for saying something that hasn't happened by then saying something else has happened that hasn't.

Overall though, I agree with your sentiment that they've not really been clear enough or genuine enough in their "apology".

On 03/09/2024 at 11:15, HanoiVillan said:

You shouldn't have to accept longer queues either, and it's in the club's own interest to get as many orders ringing through the tills as possible. I don't understand how this is still a problem, how it still doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody to pre-pour hundreds of pints before half-time, why I still saw (last season, wasn't at the Arsenal game) a serving person carefully pouring a pint in a way to absolutely minimise the amount of head on it when all anyone wants is to get beer down them quickly. 

The club can find other, more sensible ways to make GA+ a better experience than GA rather than imposed rationing through queues. 

Why don't we just sell cans? Or plastic bottles? And if a customer wants a plastic pint glass to go with their can/bottle, give them one to pour the pint themselves?

Edited by Andy_10

Have the club thought about adding an ex player to a position of real substance to the board to assist bridging the gap between the execs & fans similar to how Bayern operate. a lot of the current discontent could’ve easily been averted with some common sense as they are out of step with English fans 

Why have the club not updated fans on the plans for redevelopment outside of pitching GA+ Why are the comms so vague about this and surely they could’ve built used social media content on the progress. 

Will they consider using economic levers like selling Bodymoor Heath to another subsidiary of V-Sports to assist PCR before the loophole is no doubt closed. 

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Have the club thought about adding an ex player to a position of real substance to the board to assist bridging the gap between the execs & fans similar to how Bayern operate. a lot of the current discontent could’ve easily been averted with some common sense as they are out of step with English fans 

Dwight York’s been there all along, waiting for a job opening.

• Haha 2