What Class are you? (merged)

Rugeley Villa

32 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

@Andy_10 made me think about growing up. I was born in Gravelly Hill, but grew up in Dorridge. I think the divide between the haves and have nots was quite obvious, I think there was only one road, my road, that had mostly semi detached / railway terraced houses, the rest of the shire seemed to be chuffing great detached houses, with multiple cars. As kids my Dad would drive us up and down the roads with the big houses so we could see how the other half lived, I'd often joke when a posh car would float by our house that it was the rich lot driving by to see how the poor lot lived.

Onto swearing, I've only had to swear in front of the kids a handful of times. It really has an impact - if Dad swears he really has sh1t the bed, the kids know they need to toe the line!

I used to live not far from Gravelly Hill when I was a kid. If you took the A4040 turning at the roundabout from Erdington High Street, I was on Chudleigh Road right next to the allotment. 

35 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

I used to live not far from Gravelly Hill when I was a kid. If you took the A4040 turning at the roundabout from Erdington High Street, I was on Chudleigh Road right next to the allotment. 

I was over the other side of the railway in Beverley Croft.

On 02/09/2024 at 11:28, dAVe80 said:

There's no such thing as the middle class, only workers and owners. 

Screenshot_20210723-212926_Chrome.jpg.0f742130ad7e5a0432d7d2e8a0ffe736.jpg

It’s a bit more complicated these days with most workers having pension plans which are invested in stocks etc. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â