ender4

39 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's solidarity for me yeah I will get a ticket for £70 but I want everyone to have a chance of going.   

People have been going for years through thick and thin.  Not all have season tickets some take kids that are the future of the club and are being priced out of something that they have gone through years of heartache for.

This should be a joyous event for all Villa fans not just ones that are lucky enough to afford it.

I get that. You don't need to go to every game tho if you can't afford all of them. Just have to pick and choose like I do. 

For me I have a choice between £72 for the Wolves Game or £92 for the Bayern game. I think the extra £22 for the Bayern game is worth it. £72 for Wolves is a rip off. 

£70 for the Bayern game seems a bargain. Congratulations season ticket holders. 

37 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I get that. You don't need to go to every game tho if you can't afford all of them. Just have to pick and choose like I do. 

For me I have a choice between £72 for the Wolves Game or £92 for the Bayern game. I think the extra £22 for the Bayern game is worth it. £72 for Wolves is a rip off. 

But football is a drug though and the owners do know that. People will still go if they cant afford it

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Many STH's have been attending for decades, back when the cost wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as it is now. They've also spent years, paying for children and family to attend, buying additional ST's and thus ensuring the club have a new generation of loyal fans, regardless of the clubs fortunes. Ensuring the club had support during the poor years when it was in the doldrums and when others weren't interested in going.... when the ground was never full. Now all of a sudden they're expected to be grateful of a minimal reduction in cost just because the club is successful and those that didn't attend when things were shit have now changed their mind.

Doesn't seem like much to celebrate, especially when many cannot now stretch budgets to attending the CL fixtures as well as pay for their ST's. I think people seem to forget that there are a lot of fans the pay for the ST on finance in order to continue supporting the club. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I'm surprised the season ticket holders are complaining when they're getting the tickets at such a discount compared to members 

Maybe they're thinking of people other than themselves.

8 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Yeah but you wouldn’t have a chance to watch Bayern at Villa Park if it wasn’t for the Season Ticket Holders filling out the games that aren’t popular say like Wolves and help provide that Home atmosphere last season that helped us going on an unbeaten 17 game run.  Without that form we wouldn’t be in the champions League and packed stadiums helps that.  

Our loyalty to unfashionable games has stretched our finances and then charging £79 for the prize game is taking the piss.  

People are also forgetting it’s generally not one ticket that season ticket holders have to buy because we take family members so it’s the premium multiplied by several fold.

So saying £70 is a bargain forgets to take into account all the cost that has already been expended for all the other games already stretching finances along with other cost for travel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

That's true. But that's life.
Don't think any Villa fans who smoke can complain about the ticket prices when they're paying £15.67 for a 20 pack of cigarettes.

That’s the weirdest analogy yet, I think. Well done!

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

70 pound is a pisstake for a category A in the first place.

Absolute max for a ticket should be 60 quid.

£60 still too expensive IMO - but I’m obviously one of the few football romantics in this thread 😂

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

£60 still too expensive IMO - but I’m obviously one of the few football romantics in this thread 😂

I agree with you mate but trying to be as realistic as possible. I think 60 for a champions league game or top league match could be argued as a fair price and a price that a fans would broadly  be ok with paying to help give Unai the resources he needs. Assuming they do the basics like fix the toilets and give us some decent service and food and drink options at half time. 

I'm in the next ticket category (members who attended European game(s) last season, I don't like the price but who am I kidding I'm definitely getting one.

It's me and 1 other guy, what's the availability looking like in Holte End Upper? My season ticket back in the day was K4 and I don't hold out any hope of that but normally there's tickets in K2 dotting around if you're quick 

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

They've probably only got this wrong by about £12 to £15. Such a poor decision, really wasn't worth it for that was it. 

It's a bit wronger than that, Cat A in Zone 2 for me and my lad is £94.50, this one will be £124. My choice I know and I'll make that choice at 0925 Tuesday morning. It's our thing that we do together and that is the only thing I'm thinking about

26 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

It's a bit wronger than that, Cat A in Zone 2 for me and my lad is £94.50, this one will be £124. My choice I know and I'll make that choice at 0925 Tuesday morning. It's our thing that we do together and that is the only thing I'm thinking about

So with your example of two tickets, I'm saying it wouldn't have had the reaction if it was £10 and £5 each more. Its the fact that it £30 more combined that's the issue. 

Don't get me wrong, any increase on cat A is poor, but I don't think the awful publicity and general negative feeling around the fixtures would have been like this. Slightly tarnished it hasn't it.

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

So with your example of two tickets, I'm saying it wouldn't have had the reaction if it was £10 and £5 each more. Its the fact that it £30 more combined that's the issue. 

Don't get me wrong, any increase on cat A is poor, but I don't think the awful publicity and general negative feeling around the fixtures would have been like this. Slightly tarnished it hasn't it.

It's tarnished it for me because it wasn't required. It's greed, pure and simple. 

Pointless arguing about it anymore but the only way to protest is not to buy, simple as that

Should I be able to see the Bayern fixture on the tickets page? I'm a Claret member with 2x Conference League home games in my booking history, so I should hopefully be able to get tickets tomorrow morning. I'm sure that you used to still see the fixture in the list but with "Coming Soon" against it if it wasn't on sale to your category yet. Assuming it'll pop up tomorrow?

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

Should I be able to see the Bayern fixture on the tickets page? I'm a Claret member with 2x Conference League home games in my booking history, so I should hopefully be able to get tickets tomorrow morning. I'm sure that you used to still see the fixture in the list but with "Coming Soon" against it if it wasn't on sale to your category yet. Assuming it'll pop up tomorrow?

It will appear nearer the time, they changed it last season I think.

• Like 1

On 07/09/2024 at 16:35, villa4europe said:

It's not ludicrous though is it

Follow the football pyramid, you'll find harriers at tier 6 charging £20, mk Dons charging £580 for season tickets, Sheffield Wednesday charging £59 for category a games, west ham charging £90 for their game Vs us

It's ridiculous from top to bottom 

There is a more of an argument for the lower you go down the league to charge more as gate receipt is more important to their total income. As project re start showed the premier league could probably survive without any paid attendance due to the enormous tv deals they get.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â