ender4

So when do we think tickets for this will go on sale?   

What pricing are we looking at?

I guess/hope they have stages to buy tickets, not a free-for-all for anyone who has a membership. Otherwise it’s going to be chaos like it was for the Olympiacos game when the website simply crashed and died.

4 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Hopefully the prices aren't completely ridiculous. I have a Claret membership and attended a couple of European home games last season so hopefully that's enough!

My Dad and I went to all bar the Hibs match in last years conference league, so like you I am hoping that gives us longer term members a head start on the Champions League matches this season.

Unfortunately I don't think the ticket prices are going to be cheap, I imagine they will all be similar prices to the Arsenal match last week, which were pretty eye watering. I won't be surprised to see prices around the £90+ for the Juve and Bayern matches, depending on which stand you can get tickets for. I mean, it is £72.50 for watching the Wolves match! 😭

Ticket Info 

Friday 4pm  2024/25 Season ticket holders Season ticket holders have until 5pm on Monday, September 9 to claim their own seat

Tuesday 9.30am 

Villan and Cub members who attended a UEFA Europa Conference League match at Villa Park last season

Wednesday 9.30am

2024/25 Claret, Villan and Cub members

Thursday 9.30am

Supporters who attended a UEFA Europa Conference League match at Villa Park las

Friday 9.30am

Supporters with an Aston Villa booking histor

Just tried to get my seat for the Bayern game online. I go through the usual routine, but no print at home option, just the wallet option is available. I think have misunderstood the info on the OS for the e-tickets section. On the OS it states “All tickets are print at home and collections are not available. Tickets are available to download to Apple or Google Wallet for NFC entry”

I read it as three statements: 1) All tickets are print at home. 2) collections are not available. 3) Tickets are available to download to Apple or Google Wallet for NFC entry

So I now assume it should read ‘print at home and collections are not available’ and the ‘All tickets are’ prefix is superfluous.

I have a season ticket card and no wallet.

Naturally, the ticket office phoneline is unavailable due to high demand.

Its ok, I’ll pop into ticket office tomorrow and sort it face-to-face. Oh, I can’t.

Its ok, I’ll phone them in my lunch hour on Monday. Oh, I can’t.

Thanks Villa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unused Sub said:

Just tried to get my seat for the Bayern game online. I go through the usual routine, but no print at home option, just the wallet option is available. I think have misunderstood the info on the OS for the e-tickets section. On the OS it states “All tickets are print at home and collections are not available. Tickets are available to download to Apple or Google Wallet for NFC entry”

I read it as three statements: 1) All tickets are print at home. 2) collections are not available. 3) Tickets are available to download to Apple or Google Wallet for NFC entry

So I now assume it should read ‘print at home and collections are not available’ and the ‘All tickets are’ prefix is superfluous.

Its ok, I’ll pop into ticket office tomorrow and sort it face-to-face. Oh, I can’t.

Thanks Villa

Home tickets are no longer print-at-home, they can only be added to an Apple or Google Wallet, they are now all 'NFC' tickets.

It's a pattern. Squeeze every penny out of the people going to the games. Focus the improvements on those paying the big bucks and let the rest wade in piss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I don't support the price hike either, but I also understand the reasoning behind the decisions made by the club.

Everyone understands the reasoning and the why. The answer is money, it's simple. 

But that doesn't mean it's right, especially when you look at the prices other clubs charge for Champions League games in this country, including Newcastle last season.

The whole thing is a farce and feels incredibly out of touch. Do the people higher up give a shit about that though? Probably not. But that's kinda the point. 

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It ain't right that kiddy harriers charge £20 to watch 6th tier football either but they do and it ain't gonna change 

I actually think this is a ludicrous example.

a]  £20 to watch a game of football isn't ridiculous (£97 is)
b]  That ticket price is completely fundamental to Harriers being in existence.  Nowhere near the case for Villa.  We could charge £0 for fans if we wanted to and the club would be absolutely fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Still not convinced the sale dates/times are right. 0930 am is not usual but we'll see what happens. Still have a few days to decide

All sales windows are 9.30am from Tuesday are all correct 👌

22 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Thanks Villa

All tickets are now digital only 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I actually think this is a ludicrous example.

a]  £20 to watch a game of football isn't ridiculous (£97 is)
b]  That ticket price is completely fundamental to Harriers being in existence.  Nowhere near the case for Villa.  We could charge £0 for fans if we wanted to and the club would be absolutely fine.

It's not ludicrous though is it

Follow the football pyramid, you'll find harriers at tier 6 charging £20, mk Dons charging £580 for season tickets, Sheffield Wednesday charging £59 for category a games, west ham charging £90 for their game Vs us

It's ridiculous from top to bottom 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't think it is, though.  There's some emphasis here on lower down the pyramid being utter shit or something, but £20 or so for a game feels about right.  £90 is insane, despite the jump in quality on the field.

Wrexham is £37 a game in league 1

That's **** insane I think it's all insane, I don't see how Wednesday charging £59 for their games is ok but us charging £90 for Bayern is unacceptable 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Wrexham is £37 a game in league 1

That's **** insane I think it's all insane, I don't see how Wednesday charging £59 for their games is ok but us charging £90 for Bayern is unacceptable 

£59 isn't OK, it's expensive, but £90 is ridiculously expensive.

I don't know what German sides charge (you're out there, aren't you?) but it feels like they have a better grip on what matters in sport.

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

£59 isn't OK, it's expensive, but £90 is ridiculously expensive.

I don't know what German sides charge (you're out there, aren't you?) but it feels like they have a better grip on what matters in sport.

Depends the team but a ticket would probably not go over 30. Not so long ago when in Bundesliga I went to Hertha vs Leverkusen 18 euros and that includes your public transport until 3am

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I'm surprised the season ticket holders are complaining when they're getting the tickets at such a discount compared to members 

It's solidarity for me yeah I will get a ticket for £70 but I want everyone to have a chance of going.   

People have been going for years through thick and thin.  Not all have season tickets some take kids that are the future of the club and are being priced out of something that they have gone through years of heartache for.

This should be a joyous event for all Villa fans not just ones that are lucky enough to afford it.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â