wedge

Surprised no Ned over Bogarde, but it gives him experience if we need to rely on him. Watkins needs to have a good game to get his confidence up! Duran chomping at the bit! Good to see Philogene and Carlos back for squad depth. 

I think we have to trust Emery with the continued Bogarde selection. He clearly sees something in training and a player that we can develop into a much more valuable one for his squad for the next few years or for trading profit in future.

Let's not forget we have a Champions League away game on Tuesday, which Nedeljkovic may well start.

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Must be Emery rolling the dice again against a “lesser” team to get Bogarde more experience.

I think he actually rates Bogarde. We haven't seen much of either in the PL so far,but my eye test tells me Bogarde is much more willing to drive forward and make the incisive pass that can cut open a low block. Against Leicester, he tried but his end product was awful. Hopefully that has improved over another 2 weeks of training. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Massive faith shown in Bogarde this season

At the end of the day he’s been here longer than Kosta so with Cash out it isn’t that big of a surprise imo. But then again I was one of the few impressed with his performance last game.

14 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t understand Bogarde over Ned, who is a much better right back in my opinion and has the potential to be one of the best right backs in the world. Strange choice that.

Otherwise good team.

Bogarde is likely viewed as better on the ball/passing ability. He can step into midfield a bit better than Ned perhaps.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

At the end of the day he’s been here longer than Kosta so with Cash out it isn’t that big of a surprise imo. But then again I was one of the few impressed with his performance last game.

I was impressed with him in preseason, but I was a bit worried about some things in last match.

Hopefully it was down to nerves and the experience plus the faith Unai is showing in him will do him a world of good.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

I think we have to trust Emery with the continued Bogarde selection. He clearly sees something in training and a player that we can develop into a much more valuable one for his squad for the next few years or for trading profit in future.

Let's not forget we have a Champions League away game on Tuesday, which Nedeljkovic may well start.

I know what you are saying, but I am beginning to hate this phrase. 😃