wedge

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes, but we found a way not to lose that game as we normally would

It's always been the Villa Park Achilles heel, "Expectation." Admittedly, Unai has lessened that issue somewhat, but we all know, deep down, it will never entirely go away. It's just part of who we are.

Ipswich the season we won the league was a classic example, played them off the pitch at VP, but you kind of sensed what the outcome would be.

They actually trebled us that season, I went to the cup game and bumped into the IRA, loads of black lad's, which kind of surprised me. Anyway, say no more.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Another pissing 5:30 kick off. Perfectly intersects with toddler dinner time, bath time and bed time meaning I’ll miss the whole damned thing.

Couldn't imagine being a single Dad, especially on a Saturday.  Strength to you bruv.

Looking forward to this - hopefully a win to blow some of the Hecking cobwebs away, then a big week next week.

It feels like ages since we last played - fourteen days since our last game and now five games in the next fifteen days.

Today and this coming fortnight could be the launchpad for a hell of a season.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's always been the Villa Park Achilles heel, "Expectation." Admittedly, Unai has lessened that issue somewhat, but we all know, deep down, it will never entirely go away. It's just part of who we are.

Ipswich the season we won the league was a classic example, played them off the pitch at VP, but you kind of sensed what the outcome would be.

They actually trebled us that season, I went to the cup game and bumped into the IRA, loads of black lad's, which kind of surprised me. Anyway, say no more.😉

Everybody was kung fu fighting😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t understand Bogarde over Ned, who is a much better right back in my opinion and has the potential to be one of the best right backs in the world. Strange choice that.

Otherwise good team.

Must be Emery rolling the dice again against a “lesser” team to get Bogarde more experience.

• Like 2