wedge

3 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Although we will also have eyes on Tuesday so can see Barkley and Maatsen starting with Digne and Tielemans rested for Young Boys. 

It's the third game I'd rotate, Wolves is always a tricky fixture so we'll require the fresh legs of Maatsen and Barkley for that one.

14 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Although we will also have eyes on Tuesday so can see Barkley and Maatsen starting with Digne and Tielemans rested for Young Boys. 

That's one of my worries, as that kind of thing leads to slip ups. Like the brentford game just before the conference league QF last season.

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Slightly concerned that Dyche has had two solid weeks of preparing them for us, we’re on an unbelievable sequence of results against them too, as we know all records come to an end some time.

Everything about this screams a Villa win, which worries me.

By the same logic, Unai has had 2 weeks to prepare for a Sean Dyche team! Think the days of fearing the worst are coming to an end for us. We just have 2 much quality for Everton expect this to be comfortable 2/3 goal win.

17 minutes ago, Cmac said:

By the same logic, Unai has had 2 weeks to prepare for a Sean Dyche team! Think the days of fearing the worst are coming to an end for us. We just have 2 much quality for Everton expect this to be comfortable 2/3 goal win.

Those days will never end. I have spent my whole life learning to fear Villa results and it’s too late to change now. We could go a Man City like run of dominance and I’d still be worried about Everton at home ruining my day. 

Fwiw I do also think we will win but I’m still nervous and a little bit scared. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would really love to see Buendia get some minutes today. It can't have been easy for him missing out on the whole of such a great season. Apparently, Leeds made a cheeky inquiry about him but, gladly, were rebuffed. I still think he can be a valuable asset for us, especially coming on when the opposition are tired and he can exploit  those little pockets of space, which he's so good at.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Onana will score today. Everton are now that club we used to be where you just know them things are going to happen. 

Hoping Ollie can bag, once he gets one, he will go on a run. 

3-1 Villa. 

I remember us going there in the relegation season of 16 and we were absolutely dreadful. Lukaku just bullied us for fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would really love to see Buendia get some minutes today. It can't have been easy for him missing out on the whole of such a great season. Apparently, Leeds made a cheeky inquiry about him but, gladly, were rebuffed. I still think he can be a valuable asset for us, especially coming on when the opposition are tired and he can exploit  those little pockets of space, which he's so good at.

Totally agree. 

Hopefully the run out for the U23s served him well. Probably more of a risk sticking him in against a bunch of League 1 cloggers but then the Prem is a lot faster. 

If we can get into a decent lead would be nice if he can have 20 or 25 mins today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Those days will never end. I have spent my whole life learning to fear Villa results and it’s too late to change now. We could go a Man City like run of dominance and I’d still be worried about Everton at home ruining my day. 

15 home wins in a row including some of the best teams in the world.  Then Sheffield United, relegation fodder, come to Villa Park and we all know the result. 

Even under Unai this real fear will always be there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

15 home wins in a row including some of the best teams in the world.  Then Sheffield United, relegation fodder, come to Villa Park and we all know the result. 

Even under Unai this real fear will always be there.

Yes, but we found a way not to lose that game as we normally would

• Like 1