wedge

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

It won’t be easy to break them down.  They’ll be playing for a 0-0.   I think we win 1-0 scoring in the 65th minute.

Ahh just after Duran is subbed on. I get you. 

Can't be complacent here against a struggling team. Ideally we record a comfortable win and a clean sheet.

Assuming Bailey and Cash are injured I'd imagine the team will be (provided Watkins is fit):

Martinez

Ned Konsa Torres Digne 

Onana Tielemans

McGinn Rogers Ramsey

Watkins

Duran, Maatsen, Barkley and hopefully Buendia to get some minutes after an hour. Should also see Kamara and Mings back on the bench soon.

We should win. But the international break always worries me. Everton started the season very poorly, but the break is the perfect chance to circle the wagons, get back to basics, etc. 

I'll take any sort of a win. And as always, the key for me is to have no serious injuries.

Edited by VillaTO
  • Like 4

Martinez

Ned  Konsa/Carlos  Pau  Digne

Onana   Tielemans

McGinn

Ramsey    Duran    Rogers

Konsa at CB if fit

I would rest Watkins and Bailey having both taken knocks lately, hopefully have them back for Young Boys or Wolves.

Banana skin this, they've been good in spells in the last defeat and then committed suicide. They were straight up shite before that but Dyche will have been getting them riled up for this one. If we score early then it should turn out to be a good day for us.

I've got Digne in my livescore bet squad (reveal 5 players prior to kick off, and if they score, you win £50!) so, from a selfish POV I hope he starts and we have a couple of free-kicks just outside the box... he's due one I think 😬.

Irrelevant of that, he would still get the nod for me. With Cash out, possibly Ezri, then I think we should keep it a bit more solid (left side) to begin with.

Martinez

Ned  Carlos Torres Digne

Onana    Tielemans

McGinn                 Ramsey

Rogers

Watkins

Obviously if Konsa is fit then he starts over Carlos. 

Think we need to be a wary that 3 of the midfield 4 have been playing a fair bit during the international break and we have a decent squad now, so I would expect Barkley, JPG, Maatsen, maybe even Buendia get some minutes.

I'll go for 4-2, Watkins off the mark... twice..

Anyone with a mind for a flutter should go for Ollie, fgs. Once he gets that first, watch out everybody! That's the one great strength in Ollie's locker, "Determination". We have been beating this lot, for fun, for quite a while now, and I don't see anything to change that winning run. I know they beat us in the cup, but I'm honestly struggling to remember the last time they beat us in the league. 

I'm going with 5 - 0, with at least an Ollie double. Come on me Babbys!!

Emi

Konsa  Carlos   Pau

Ned             Onana            Maatsen

Tielemans   Ramsey 

Duran     Rogers

532 / 352 for me. They'll have one up top, flood the midfield and have a deep back line so we can afford to a bit more attacking. 

Plus might as well reward Duran with a start and equally allow Oli to rest for the next games. Because they'll be physical, I wouldn't be shocked if Barkley started.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

This is a very quiet match thread one day before the match!

Over-confidence before our downfall?

Hope not, was already a potential banana skin and now no Konsa? Is that confirmed?