wedge

Great time to play them after that horror show against Bournemouth. 

----------------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------Rogers-------------------------------------------------------
Ramsey-----------------Onana------------Tielemans-----------------McGinn
Maatsen-------------Torres-----------------Konsa-----------------Nedelkovic
--------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------------

Unlikely he'll drop Digne though. Can't see Bogarde starting again...

• Like 4

Will be popping down for this. Already looking forward to it with the half 5 kick off. Good atmosphere and can see the other results coming in.

Should be the usual comfortable VP win over Everton, just hope a few of the injuries we have clear up.

3-1 and Ollie to get off the mark with Duran adding another at some point in the game.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

----------------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------Rogers-------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------------

Digne will stay in just for his height at set pieces. That's pretty much the team if Bailey isn't available I suspect.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think it would be an easier match if they had managed at least a draw. 

Dyche will know he has 4-5 games to save his job there. I think they will be putting in the defensive work over the next 2 weeks. We will need to be patient and wait for our openings. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I think it would be an easier match if they had managed at least a draw. 

Dyche will know he has 4-5 games to save his job there. I think they will be putting in the defensive work over the next 2 weeks. We will need to be patient and wait for our openings. 

Branthwaite still a fair way off fitness apparently so very unlikely to be involved so it will be Michael Keane once more. We'll create plenty v them so Ollie will surely get off the mark in this if he starts.

A 3rd Round League Cup win against John McGinn at left back is all they’ve managed against us since promotion. 10 league meetings in that time, 7 Villa wins and 3 draws.

Would be hugely disappointing not to beat this lot convincingly. Be interesting to see how Unai mixes and matches players up now, with CL starting up and us having to get used to playing twice a week again; but I have no worries as he lives and thrives in these conditions.

3-0 Villa

hurry up and score Oliver x3

Games like this scare me. Whenever a team is on a losing streak, I get more nervous the longer it goes on as the law of averages suggests that they'll win eventually (although, I said this to myself in our 2015/16 season and that didn't exactly work out...).

Crazy shit happening aside, we're miles better than Everton right now and should really be putting them away at home without too much drama. Onana to score first, then Duran. Easy money, surely...

• Like 1

Duran will start v Wycombe. 

We should turn these over easily. Play Maatsen and Kosta and the rest of the team picks itself. Use it to start getting the first XI humming for the battles ahead and make max number of subs at half time/60 min. 

Poor Everton.

As for selection, we may be surprised. We're about to go into a run of 7 games in 22 days. Effectively a game every 3 days. Then an international break for 14 days. So it'll be interesting to see where Emery prioritises and rests players, and whether we can get through it all unscathed.

Can never he too confident. Look at Sheffield United last season. More worried that Everton were 2-0 and in control until the 87th minute. Tim has been playing well for them.  

• Like 2

Emery ball is far superior to what Dyche can serve up. This should be 3 points but we won’t take Everton for granted.

29 minutes ago, Strog said:

Emery ball is far superior to what Dyche can serve up. This should be 3 points but we won’t take Everton for granted.

Everton stifled us that last time we played them and Dyche will probably try and do the same again next Saturday. I'm encouraged by the fact that they also tried to play for a draw vs Spurs and conceded four, though! 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 05:20, Delphinho123 said:

I'd go for this too although could understand emery still sticking with digne. 

• Like 1