The Great Right Back Conundrum

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it's been an almost replica of the Mings/Torres situation last season.

The idea will have been for Cash (Mings) to continue as first choice whilst Nedeljkovic (Torres) gets used to his surroundings and settles in.  Nedeljkovic (Torres) gets more and more minutes as the season progresses and, by the end, is the regular first team player.

I have a feeling Bogarde is going to be a utility player for us this season, so Emery was happy for him to get uncomfortable, nervy minutes in a game we were likely to win.

Or if you were going to be even more cynical it’s an opportunity for him to get some high viz game time. He’ll prob start v wycombe as well etc so that we can sell him in January or the summer as PSR fodder. 

On 01/09/2024 at 04:59, Delphinho123 said:

Talk to me. I’m here to hear. 

Overall, I don't think we have many choices about how to proceed in the near-term. Fact is, Ned and Bogarde are going to be nurtured in RB and that's that. When Cash is back, they'll compete, but the idea of moving Konsa into RB until we find a better solution is a ruinous, fear-based idea we must avoid. People will laugh, but I also say Jaden is someone who tracks back really well and can certainly lend a hand (a foot?) in defense, too -- he does anyway, really. Even Bailey does at times. The long-term solution is obvious: Find someone in January. But that's a long way away now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â