September Optimism Gauge

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/24 at 22:59

I’m feeling quite pessimistic today, even though we won at Leicester it just didn’t feel like the transfer window was great and that the squad is better than before. 
Hopefully I’ll cheer up after a few more wins :) 

I was disappointed with the transfer window overall but I’m far more optimistic with for the season ahead.  

It just feels the continuation of the average over Emery’s time here of just under 2ppg.  

The attached picture that I got sent from a family member shows how god damn genius Emery is and despite being held back by PSR/SCR he just keeps producing the goods.  

It also looks like outside the top three that the other competing teams for fourth are fairly bang average with many having poor managers so at the beginning of September I’m optimistic for the season ahead, hoping for fourth place, to go through from the league phase of the CL and as usual do sweet FA in the cups which we just seem cursed in.

IMG_2200.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I was disappointed with the transfer window overall but I’m far more optimistic with for the season ahead.  

It just feels the continuation of the average over Emery’s time here of just under 2ppg.  

The attached picture that I got sent from a family member shows how god damn genius Emery is and despite being held back by PSR/SCR he just keeps producing the goods.  

It also looks like outside the top three that the other competing teams for fourth are fairly bang average with many having poor managers so at the beginning of September I’m optimistic for the season ahead, hoping for fourth place, to go through from the league phase of the CL and as usual do sweet FA in the cups which we just seem cursed in.

IMG_2200.jpeg

Is that since he took over from the slippy ****!?

• Like 1

Definitely more optimistic after the opening games. We competed well against Arsenal and have beaten West Ham and Leicester, both victories could have been more convincing, but we have the quality in the squad still after some upheaval. 

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now that Onana and Tielemans seem to be settling in to the double pivot.

1-3 should be Arsenal, City, and Liverpool in some order.

We're in the next group with Newcastle, Spurs, and Brighton. I like our chances, so I'm saying 4th. Could be as low as 7th though.

Fortunately, Man U and Chelsea are still a bit of a wreck.

On 02/09/2024 at 19:36, nick76 said:

IMG_2200.jpeg

What is this table showing please?

I'm thinking fifth but hopeful of top four again...

However fifth may be enough for Champions league, right?

September hopefully is a good month for Villa to accrue many points and gain confidence.

Then when fixtures get tougher around October/November the return of Kamara and Mings will boost the team further. I'm hopeful also Buendia can play a role too in certain games, he looks like he's not far off starting games which will add an extra dimension for the team.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â