January Transfer Window 2024/25

paul514

On 03/09/2024 at 17:25, Tomaszk said:

Someone we should obviously keep our eye on is Bryan Mbeumo. Two years left on his contract at the end of the season. It'll be new contract or sell up from Brentford. Superb player.

Another promising player there in that same position is Damsgaard. Basically been injured for 3 years...if he stays fit, he's a real top player who can do a lot of different things. We had him on our list to replace Grealish before his first big injury happened.

I dont think Damsgaard will ever fully recover from them injuries and why Brentford got him as cheap

• Like 2

14 hours ago, paul514 said:

David is perfect for us, there is a couple on here who hate him for some reason.

dont hate him i just dont see what he would bring in the back up striker role

he's 24, linked to a host of big clubs, should in theory be looking for that break out move that means he hits his prime as first choice striker and he's not getting that here so the £30-40m price tag makes no sense for us, i disagree that villa can feed both ollie and david

duran as a profile just fits a lot better, young striker still developing but still good enough to show in flashes that he can do it, if for some reason we do cash in on duran or his moaning about game time finally becomes too much then we should be looking to buy the next 20 year old who is happier to have the same role

and i'll raise the point again - who in the premier league carriers two strikers akin to ollie and david? newcastle are the closest with isak and wilson but that's arguably more because wilson is a perma crock, west ham carry 3 old men, no one has 2 number 9s like that

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

dont hate him i just dont see what he would bring in the back up striker role

he's 24, linked to a host of big clubs, should in theory be looking for that break out move that means he hits his prime as first choice striker and he's not getting that here so the £30-40m price tag makes no sense for us, i disagree that villa can feed both ollie and david

duran as a profile just fits a lot better, young striker still developing but still good enough to show in flashes that he can do it, if for some reason we do cash in on duran or his moaning about game time finally becomes too much then we should be looking to buy the next 20 year old who is happier to have the same role

and i'll raise the point again - who in the premier league carriers two strikers akin to ollie and david? newcastle are the closest with isak and wilson but that's arguably more because wilson is a perma crock, west ham carry 3 old men, no one has 2 number 9s like that

He wouldn't just be the back up striker, he is just like Ollie, he can play in all the forward positions. In short he can play with Ollie when tactics call for that.

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He wouldn't just be the back up striker, he is just like Ollie, he can play in all the forward positions. In short he can play with Ollie when tactics call for that.

It's a big enough problem getting Duran enough game time without throwing another striker into the mix.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2024 at 21:48, paul514 said:

David is perfect for us, there is a couple on here who hate him for some reason.

I've been one of the people critical of him but it's based on my view that he flatters to deceive.

Just my opinion but for me he got a lot of hype when younger and it's kind of stayed, without him ever becoming that great. He's kind of like those players who are good on FM and people assume they're good in real life before you realise the 18yr old wonder kid is actually an average 24-26yr old.

Also think he feasts on the weaker teams and often can be handled easily by better defences. But my biggest issue is that I think his finishing is poor. Too often he scuffs his shot, shoots over or hits it straight at the keeper when over compensating by trying to keep it on target. Ollie is guilty of missing a fair few chances but his finishing is far superior to David's imo.

If he came on a free or for cheap and was prepared to be a backup... great. But I don't think he would. So for the money and wages it would take, I've never felt he was worth it.

Not trying to **** on your suggestion as its good when people suggest names, I'm just not a fan. 

Edited by _AA_786

On 12/09/2024 at 09:17, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In January we need to up this offer to include Bones.

We may have missed the boat on getting him for such a low figure. Could end up being the reverse of the Rogers situation. Maybe if we'd up'd that offer to €18m, or even a bit more, we'd have had the fans saying why are we paying that much for someone so young and unproven, only to realise 6 months later we actually got a bargain. 

Think he's going to cost a fair bit more by Jan. If he doesn't, I'm sure we'll see him signed as this season's Rogers though. If we're looking like progressing in the Champions League by then we may find we've got more room to maneuver on the SCR side than we were willing to gamble on in the summer. 

Allegedly we had 40 offers come in for Duran during the summer.....He is still learning and Ollie still has years left.

That seems a perfect scenario under normal conditions.

Further consideration is the Ticket pricing furore, maybe we can peg prices, now we have a relatively full squad and few openings.

Just add a few players, here and there, and not stretch ourselves, by raising ticket prices and avoid PSR breaches......just a thought.

Edited by TRO

19 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

I've been one of the people critical of him but it's based on my view that he flatters to deceive.

Just my opinion but for me he got a lot of hype when younger and it's kind of stayed, without him ever becoming that great. He's kind of like those players who are good on FM and people assume they're good in real life before you realise the 18yr old wonder kid is actually an average 24-26yr old.

Also think he feasts on the weaker teams and often can be handled easily by better defences. But my biggest issue is that I think his finishing is poor. Too often he scuffs his shot, shoots over or hits it straight at the keeper when over compensating by trying to keep it on target. Ollie is guilty of missing a fair few chances but his finishing is far superior to David's imo.

If he came on a free or for cheap and was prepared to be a backup... great. But I don't think he would. So for the money and wages it would take, I've never felt he was worth it.

Not trying to **** on your suggestion as its good when people suggest names, I'm just not a fan. 

I haven't watched him enough to say how he is vs the better teams and the crap ones.

His style of play, record and the finance of the deal is what makes him perfect for me.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/west-ham-target-oumar-solet-becomes-free-agent-following-termination-of-rb-salzburg-contract/

Could potentially add some depth at CB? *** ignore, just seen his injury history ***

Also just seen that Mellberg's son is now at Salzburg, one for the future? 👀 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mellberg

Edited by MSvillain

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Hope we are looking at him, looked bloody good when I’ve seen him play 

Only on one condition.

That history repeats itself in 4 years and we get rid of him so that John Mellberg can come here and replace him.

Or we just go and get Mellberg now

• Like 1

Seriously though, we have to be in for Solet right? Previously highly rated, linked to West Ham and Man U this summer, desperate in that position.

Even if you just give him a 3 Year deal considering hile obviously has an attitude problem to be let go on a free, it could be an important bit of business when we're struggling so much in defence

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What do people think of McNeil? I've always been impressed when see him play but that may the fact he always seems to do well against the Villa. 

I would have liked him when our aim was to stay up but he is not elite athletically and weak mentally. Can be a tidy footballer on his day but is at his level at Everton.

• Like 3

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I would have liked him when our aim was to stay up but he is not elite athletically and weak mentally. Can be a tidy footballer on his day but is at his level at Everton.

Yeh that's probably fair. Probably gets a move to stay in the league if they go down though. Which I think they will.

On 13/09/2024 at 09:46, MrBlack said:

We may have missed the boat on getting him for such a low figure. Could end up being the reverse of the Rogers situation. Maybe if we'd up'd that offer to €18m, or even a bit more, we'd have had the fans saying why are we paying that much for someone so young and unproven, only to realise 6 months later we actually got a bargain. 

Think he's going to cost a fair bit more by Jan. If he doesn't, I'm sure we'll see him signed as this season's Rogers though. If we're looking like progressing in the Champions League by then we may find we've got more room to maneuver on the SCR side than we were willing to gamble on in the summer. 

I assume with Duran staying there was no need to buy him

38 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Hope we are looking at him, looked bloody good when I’ve seen him play 

As his contract was terminated after the transfer window slammed shut we would’ve be able to register him until January. Doesn’t matter he’s now out of contract he couldn’t be registered 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â