January Transfer Window 2024/25

paul514

Based on typical patterns so far, January will be a window for signing talent youngsters, most likely for the future, not unless we get lucky with a Morgan Rogers type of purchase.

I doubt we'll solve for any of the squad 'issues', unless we are still in all the cups and competitive in the league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been so good so far. Really superb.

Just signed a 5 year deal though so he's out I think. Would cost silly money.

Probably be a buy out clause in that but who knows what summer we can be in a position to pay that sort of fee.

Have to say aswell that Duran would be a superb fit for Bournemouth upfront so perhaps a year or so down the line that might be an option.

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jonathan David is the obvious one. People will say no because of his bad games against us, but his goal record is good, his age is good and his qualities have the chance to be molded to be similar to Watkins work some good coaching.

Roony Bardjhi could be useful too, still only 18 he's been hyped for a while and had that game against United where he tore them apart a couple seasons ago.

I think they're the only one of actually think makes sense for our needs and that I'd want to sign. But some midtable teams could really find some nice players in that list 

• Lamptey would be one I'd find interesting. Injuries have hampered his development but I've seen him have some Great games going forward.
  • Moussa Dembele has scored goals wherever he's been, but never lived up to hype during his time at Celtic. But could be a useful backup for somebody in the Prem next year.
  • Podence in the Diaby role would be worthwhile just so he can't score against us

David and Anguissa would be two I'd be happy to take from the list. 

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Let's see, he's scored 2 Goals in 3 games from substitute appearances only.

If we get to Jan and he's staring down 10-12 League goals (by the end of the season, not by Jan) from substitute appearances only + a few Cup Games, he's kept his head screwed on and not had a bunch of red cards..

£40m won't be enough with 3.5 Years on his contract at 21 Years Old. And clubs bigger than West Ham will be wanting him if we still consider him too much of a loose cannon to try and hold on to.

Too little too late for the scumbags

I really like Walker-Peters and can see a scenario where Southampton are within a chance of survival, but need to raise funds for PSR compliance to make moves in January. 

If he's in his last few months of his contract, could be good for all parties if he comes to us, we send someone back to them on loan and get RB sorted for the rest of the season without paying much. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I really like Walker-Peters and can see a scenario where Southampton are within a chance of survival, but need to raise funds for PSR compliance to make moves in January. 

If he's in his last few months of his contract, could be good for all parties if he comes to us, we send someone back to them on loan and get RB sorted for the rest of the season without paying much. 

Love that. Get Ned down there to charge about for 5 months.

I think KWP is going to land himself a really good move when he leaves Southampton. Steady enough English player who can play LB and RB. He's definitely going to a top half side. Wouldn't even be surprised if someone like Liverpool signed him to have around the squad.

Would be a good signing.

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I agree, he'd fix that position for the season..but I'd feel like it was a mid term fix. The kind of signings that come back to bite you on a down-year and you're stuck with them, an upper midtable player and too many of them and you don't have the ceiling to compete at the top end anymore.

He's decent enough, if we owned him already on our ascent I'd be happy keeping him. I'm not sure he's the kind of signing that pays off in a big way though, at best he's a slight upgrade on Cash, but I'd anticipate they're in competition.

If I expected we could use him as a cheaper, younger Cash and buy a new Starter, I'd welcome it. But they're the same age and probably not far off on cost and we can't afford to buy 2 RBs. If/when we buy one it needs to be a profile of a Konsa/Foyth/Geertruida who will Command a starting position at RB but allow room for Ned to get lots of minutes in a more attacking RB role as well

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree, he'd fix that position for the season..but I'd feel like it was a mid term fix. The kind of signings that come back to bite you on a down-year and you're stuck with them, an upper midtable player and too many of them and you don't have the ceiling to compete at the top end anymore.

He's decent enough, if we owned him already on our ascent I'd be happy keeping him. I'm not sure he's the kind of signing that pays off in a big way though, at best he's a slight upgrade on Cash, but I'd anticipate they're in competition.

If I expected we could use him as a cheaper, younger Cash and buy a new Starter, I'd welcome it. But they're the same age and probably not far off on cost and we can't afford to buy 2 RBs. If/when we buy one it needs to be a profile of a Konsa/Foyth/Geertruida who will Command a starting position at RB but allow room for Ned to get lots of minutes in a more attacking RB role as well

Thing is I just think Walker-Peters is better than Cash and can also play more positions. Cash is essentially just a RB unless we're desperate on the right wing. 

Nedeljkovic could become amazing but he looks like he's needs a lot of game time as it stands, I don't see him offering us as much as KWP would for another 2-3 seasons. 

If I was in charge I'd be bringing him in, sticking with him and Cash until the summer on that side and I think that's two solid options on that side. If we upgrade on Cash slightly we still lift the floor of the team and also have cover in the position. If either of them get a good offer to move on in the summer and we think we've found a way to upgrade then fantastic. 

I just think we can't afford to hang around hoping a RB way better than Cash becomes available and realistic for us to sign. If there's a chance to upgrade at all whilst adding squad depth I think we should take it. 

I've argued in the summer window there's no point going for just anyone, they've got to offer us something or be an improvement. But i do think you get that with KWP.

I'd argue most clubs our level in England have very few full backs and so you're looking to either bring someone in from a Southampton who's clearly better than the level they're playing, or you bring in someone from abroad and hope they adjust, or you bring in a Kosta and hope they don't need 3-4 seasons to develop. 

Someone we should obviously keep our eye on is Bryan Mbeumo. Two years left on his contract at the end of the season. It'll be new contract or sell up from Brentford. Superb player.

Another promising player there in that same position is Damsgaard. Basically been injured for 3 years...if he stays fit, he's a real top player who can do a lot of different things. We had him on our list to replace Grealish before his first big injury happened.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Someone we should obviously keep our eye on is Bryan Mbeumo. Two years left on his contract at the end of the season. It'll be new contract or sell up from Brentford. Superb player.

Another promising player there in that same position is Damsgaard. Basically been injured for 3 years...if he stays fit, he's a real top player who can do a lot of different things. We had him on our list to replace Grealish before his first big injury happened.

would fit right in at the mighty Villa.

maybe he can mix some bangers with hause.

Buendia, kamara & Mings could be the backup dancers, with Cash as an honorary member, with a view to developing him in to a full member in a few years.

im told the next single is to be called "Bailey's Hamstrings".

Edited by MaVilla

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'm liking this Angel Gomes playing for England the last two games.

Looks very versatile, good passer and his movement is amazing.

Through it all, did he offer protection?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think we have a good platform to build on. January would be important as the last two when we got Duran, Rogers and Ned. All are looking from our best players (Ned still needs time). Another one or two would add a lot to the squad. While looking at Enzo, Iling and what they could add next season. 

On 02/09/2024 at 22:02, skarroki said:

What's this?!?

An actual plausible and well considered transfer suggestion in the transfer thread..

I think you have lost your way 😅

Solid idea though!

On 02/09/2024 at 20:32, skarroki said:

Walker-Peters is a good shout, always liked him with the right coaching he could easily play for a better team.

Lamptey is class but just way to injury prone. 

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Through it all, did he offer protection?

and a lot of love and affection

• Haha 1

If the rumours were true, we enquired about Jonathan David and Morgan Gibbs White in the summer. 

David as a replacement for Duran I would assume. 

MGW would have been a big signing though. Can't see us back in for him in Jan, but one for next summer?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

If the rumours were true, we enquired about Jonathan David and Morgan Gibbs White in the summer. 

David as a replacement for Duran I would assume. 

MGW would have been a big signing though. Can't see us back in for him in Jan, but one for next summer?

David is perfect for us, there is a couple on here who hate him for some reason.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â