January Transfer Window 2024/25

paul514

Ok tin hat time, but depending on league position and cup competitions by January what about a six month loan deal for any of Walker, James or Trippier?  Obviously will be dependent on their game time at current clubs but all may find it difficult to get regular minutes this season.  I really wouldn’t be against loaning one of them for six months and sort out the RB issue next summer.

If we get Kamara and Mings back to somewhere near their best it's hard to see where we need signings, albeit dare I say by law of averages we will have one or two lengthy injuries that may need covering.  Maybe a project centre half and creative midfielder.

39 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Look at the options Lplop have up front. IMO we need more quality and options up front

Agreed, hopefully we’ll see  Monchi masterclass In January. UTV!!!!!!!

Think the answer is either 'no one' or 'a project signing for the future like Nedeljkovic'. The financial issues that stopped us signing Gertruida won't have changed, so unless we're selling or need to find a loan or two to cover injuries I don't expect anything much to happen. 

6 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Semenyo from Bournemouth, and Raphinia on loan

Very impressed with Semenyo. He's developed  nicely for Bournemouth so example of player making a sensible move from the championship and improving while starting every week rather than warming the bench. He can play all across the forward line so would be a very good signing but imagine he's in the 40m bracket given Bournemouth signed him for 15m.

Can have him as support striker and then eventually move him to the right to replace Bailey.

Edited by VillaChris

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very impressed with Semenyo. He's developed  nicely for Bournemouth so example of player making a sensible move from the championship and improving while starting every week rather than warming the bench. He can play all across the forward line so would be a very good signing but imagine he's in the 40m bracket given Bournemouth signed him for 15m.

Can have him as support striker and then eventually move him to the right to replace Bailey.

He's been so good so far. Really superb.

Just signed a 5 year deal though so he's out I think. Would cost silly money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think the answer is either 'no one' or 'a project signing for the future like Nedeljkovic'. The financial issues that stopped us signing Gertruida won't have changed, so unless we're selling or need to find a loan or two to cover injuries I don't expect anything much to happen. 

We will have more PSR room if we do well in the CL

Doesn’t SCR work on a calendar year basis? (Which is part of the problem).

If so, we don’t have to worry so much about SCR in January as we’ll have the champions league revenue boost and you can make moves in the summer as needed.

Obviously PSR would remain though but you would hope that we would have enough room to sign a RB or at least do a couple of loans if needed. 

I suspect we will get a project CB and bed him in for next season. 

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Some interesting names who as things stand are running their contracts down - Roony Bardghji being one who stands out 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Jonathan David is the obvious one. People will say no because of his bad games against us, but his goal record is good, his age is good and his qualities have the chance to be molded to be similar to Watkins work some good coaching.

Roony Bardjhi could be useful too, still only 18 he's been hyped for a while and had that game against United where he tore them apart a couple seasons ago.

I think they're the only one of actually think makes sense for our needs and that I'd want to sign. But some midtable teams could really find some nice players in that list 

• Lamptey would be one I'd find interesting. Injuries have hampered his development but I've seen him have some Great games going forward.
  • Moussa Dembele has scored goals wherever he's been, but never lived up to hype during his time at Celtic. But could be a useful backup for somebody in the Prem next year.
  • Podence in the Diaby role would be worthwhile just so he can't score against us

1 hour ago, Daveburnside said:

West Ham 40m Duran bid. 

Let's see, he's scored 2 Goals in 3 games from substitute appearances only.

If we get to Jan and he's staring down 10-12 League goals (by the end of the season, not by Jan) from substitute appearances only + a few Cup Games, he's kept his head screwed on and not had a bunch of red cards..

£40m won't be enough with 3.5 Years on his contract at 21 Years Old. And clubs bigger than West Ham will be wanting him if we still consider him too much of a loose cannon to try and hold on to.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â