January Transfer Window 2024/25

paul514

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh that's probably fair. Probably gets a move to stay in the league if they go down though. Which I think they will.

Weren't we linked with him under DS? As said above that's the level where he would've been o.k. Nowhere near good enough for a CL team.

Jack Harrison is another who impacts little on the pitch yet there was a weird fascination with wanting him two and a bit years ago IIRC.

We really need to spend the entire window reviving the Joao-ker thread and talking about why if Emery wants him then we should pay Chelsea £100m.

Or get a right back?

Bonus: Would be nice to get someone who speaks one of Onana's forty languages and who has ACLs made of titanium-carbon fibre.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do it now:

Would people rather take a flyer on this guy who is young and physically impressive but left Salzbug for a reason. Or go for Joel Matip on a pay as you pay?

Can see the benefits of both so not sure which I'd choose.

21 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Would people rather take a flyer on this guy who is young and physically impressive but left Salzbug for a reason. Or go for Joel Matip on a pay as you pay?

Can see the benefits of both so not sure which I'd choose.

I think it all depends on how Emery sees his character when he speaks to him.

We could give him a short term contract to test the waters.

But I would rather a kid like this rather than an old chap like Matip.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Why was his contract terminated?

Seems to be very injury prone and in last year of his contract

The only team that bid in summer was Hoffenheim and they cancelled the deal as failed a medical

9 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

A free agent could not be registered until January.

Apparently we can, providing we have space in our squad… no idea if we do have space though 

Can Premier League clubs sign players outside of the transfer window?

Yes. Clubs can sign free agents - players who are not contracted to another club - at any time. 

However, unless there is space in a club's registered squad or the player is under the age of 21, new signings must wait until the next registration period before they can play for the club.

BBC

42 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently we can, providing we have space in our squad… no idea if we do have space though 

BBC

This article on the BBC contradicts that as it states the player must have been released before the end of the transfer window to be registered before the next window opens … 

The opportunity to strengthen squads is over until January. Almost.

Players can still be signed. But they had to be out of contract and not registered at a club when the deadline passed.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/clynp5j0pnyo.amp

It's actually impressive that Unai has created such a strong system with these players, that we can still be relatively comfortable with a current big weakness at RB.

Guess we can't be greedy but must say a top RB would take us up a notch even further 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â