• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is a ridiculous statement. 

It really isn't, given they were involved in two incidents where they could have easily gotten another goal, and luck was very clearly on our side for both of incidents? Which is perfectly okay, because football is pretty luck-reliant?

But my point being is that they didn't get the goals, we won, and that's all that matters?

Edited by wishywashy

19 minutes ago, allani said:

Leicester are untidy opponents and the ref let a lot of stuff go in terms of their defenders going through our players.  Agreed that it wasn't quite as good as West Ham - but Leicester will pick up some decent results and we're one of those teams they'd most like to get a result against.  So all things considered 3 more points and move on to the next.  Happy days. 🙂

Well, they had 5 yellows and we had 5 yellows….and when I saw the stats come up we had more fouls against us?

look, 3 points away, is great

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Mate, chill, I'm happy we won. I didn't even see the game, I'm just going off what I saw on the stats. I prefer a controlled approach because the top teams play like that but you are entitled to your opinion.

Looking forward to seeing us against Everton and hoping we control the game because that's how I want us to play. My opinion.

The stats don't paint a true picture of the match.  We were in control for most of it.  We just were happy letting them pass the ball between their CBs without a clue what to do next.  Second half was a bit more tricky and we conceded possession a bit too often in the first 15 minutes or so - but then Duran came on and scored within 3 minutes.  I know others felt a bit nervy (especially when they got 1 back) but I thought the 3 points were always ours. 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

That’s true.

but it also follows without the ball, you can’t hurt anybody.

But that's exactly what we did, we had less possession and maximised it to our advantage. 

We lose Carlos, then Bailey, within ten minutes of the game. Onana gets booked after eight minutes, a young kid making his, Premier League, debut at right - back. Those are all extenuating circumstances, yet we still managed to come away with 3 points.

I can take the positives as well as the negatives, which, for me, is important when anylising any game.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

But that's exactly what we did, we had less possession and maximised it to our advantage. 

We lose Carlos, then Bailey, within ten minutes of the game. Onana gets booked after eight minutes, a young kid making his, Premier League, debut at right - back. Those are all extenuating circumstances, yet we still managed to come away with 3 points.

I can take the positives as well as the negatives, which, for me, is important when anylising any game.

Sheep’s, I meant literally not having the ball, not low possession stats.😀

You would be hard - pressed to find a striker who isn't going through what Ollie is right now. I think talk of him being dropped is slightly over the top. 

It wouldn't surprise me, in the least, should Ollie get a hat - trick against Everton. He's just lacking that bit of self - confidence that all strikers rely upon.

Edited by sheepyvillian

I clearly need to watch the game back, because I was there and Youri looked like he was on holiday for most of it, not sure how he's being rated that highly today at all.

5 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I clearly need to watch the game back, because I was there and Youri looked like he was on holiday for most of it, not sure how he's being rated that highly today at all.

Who was? 

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I didn’t see the game and I’m happy to have won but what has happened to our control of games. 43% possession against a Steve Cooper team, wtf??!! 

Good to have 6 points on the board but I hope this side of our game improves quickly.

To be fair, for all that people are rightly excited about Tielemans and Onana looking good together, last year we had two of the best midfielders in the league at keeping play going, recycling, keeping the ball. Going to take time to adjust to having neither in there (and hopefully Kamara will be back soon so it’ll only be a short-term thing)

Not an easy game for us, we are missing Doug's composure in midfield and ended up playing the game at the home teams pace......frantic. 

Thought we looked better with McGinn on the right but we are weak at RB. Rogers tried to hard........Duran has to start and that hurts to say it, he deserves it 👏 UTV 

We were a long way from anything even approaching what we are capable of but we were still worthy winners. Aside from one piece of poor defending by an 18 year old lad making his Prem league debut we've given away nothing defensively whilst creating a number of excellent openings and taking a couple of them.

It is a true sign of how far we have come, and how good we now are, that we can throw in a 6 out of 10 team performance, hardly get out of second gear and still take 3 points.

Aside from an excellent first half against West Ham we've not played to anything like our best all season and have taken 6 points from 3 games and would have deservedly taken something from Arsenal had we taken our great chances. Really promising start to the season overall.

• Like 3

“We’ll still have a good evening boss. I got China whites, doves or burgers? China whites! Now, be careful on them, they’re a twenty-four hour buzz”

image.thumb.jpeg.7f52a7527ee53852847f73db371807d1.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â