• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

I didn’t see the game and I’m happy to have won but what has happened to our control of games. 43% possession against a Steve Cooper team, wtf??!! 

Good to have 6 points on the board but I hope this side of our game improves quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

I didn’t see the game and I’m happy to have won but what has happened to our control of games. 43% possession against a Steve Cooper team, wtf??!! 

Good to have 6 points on the board but I hope this side of our game improves quickly.

Was cooper at forest when they schooled us in the dark arts last year? He loves to disrupt play.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Cooper shouted to ndidi…” get in to them, he shouted back “how much”

He shouted” piles”

• Haha 1

Just now, jamodillo said:

Was cooper at forest when they schooled us in the dark arts last year? He loves to disrupt play.

Yes he was but we had about 70% possession that game I think.

Were too good for them  but also too wasteful , Watkins going away to warm the bench for Kane won’t help his fitness much 

shaky debut from Bogarde lucky not to see red , sure hope we don’t regret not making a RB our number one priority in the window.

off to WhatsApp now to post pictures of Duran to my Wet Spam mates with the caption “look at what you could have had “ 

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Agree with the opinion about Rogers, definitely needs to do more on the defensive side of things. Fwiw, Ramsay didn't look happy, at all, in being brought off and rightly so imo.

Barkley also caught my eye with his calmness and ability to find a pass.

It was nervy at times but it will do.

The problem for me Sheepy, is it shouldn’t be that nervy.

some of our football was predictably laboured and untidy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I watched it and our possession was very poor - especially second half. 43% doesn’t surprise me - as someone said elsewhere Rogers lost the ball 17 times. We were very scrappy at times! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought our work could have been tidier, but the 2 goals were superb.

I still get nervous watching us.

At times I would agree - but it's still early in the season and a few new players still trying to get on the same wavelengths.

I am the exact opposite - even when they got back to 1-2 I was disturbingly confident that we were going to hold on unless the referees gave a shockingly soft penalty against us.  I love this new Villa.  I appreciate we are only 3 matches in but it's another 3 matches without a point dropped from a leading position which if you add on to last season is now turning into a seriously impressive statistic.

• Like 2

The only time "Clean Sheets" are a real problem, is when you lose. It's never easy keeping goals out in this league, especially when you focus more on being offensive. Hopefully, those costly errors will iron themselves out over the season.

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

I watched it and our possession was very poor - especially second half. 43% doesn’t surprise me - as someone said elsewhere Rogers lost the ball 17 times. We were very scrappy at times! 

Yet how many chances did Leicester create compared to us.  We looked a lot more threatening than them in the opposition half.  Their keeper made a couple of good saves and they needed a couple of last ditch tackles as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I thought we was supposed to be a possession based team?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem for me Sheepy, is it shouldn’t be that nervy.

some of our football was predictably laboured and untidy.

You can't always dictate the pattern of play. You have to take into account all the other variables in a football match. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

but what has happened to our control of games. 43% possession against a Steve Cooper team, wtf??!

This happens when our players get zero protection from the ref

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought we was supposed to be a possession based team?

Away from home and to be fair we let Leicester dick around with the ball in the middle of their own half for long spells because we were in the lead and they were creating nothing.  Let them have the ball and do nothing with it.  It's not a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â