• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

Clean sheets is not for us

Think it's gonna be a similar story to last season.

We'll batter some teams. We'll get battered by teams. We'll keep throwing away 2 goal leads

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Rogers was a shadow of himself compared to the Arsenal game. Lost possession throughout the game!

Bit strange that he stayed on and Ramsey came off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Another solid performance.  Harder in the second half with the officials forgetting what sport they were supposed to be officiating.  Been a while since I have seen such a poor performance.  Our player gets pushed off the ball, waves play on then a Leicester player dives over in the vicinity of one of our players and a free kick is awarded.  Still they got the two decisions right at the end - although surely Vardy was guilty of simulation at least once.

The defence looked solid - we won a lot of aerial challenges which was a fairly widespread concern before the start of the season.  Torres and Konsa look like they have a really good understanding.  I thought the midfield were good first half but less in control in the second but it is hard when both CMs are booked and Leicester players were like Bambi on Ice.  Ollie looked a bit sharper and then Duran doing what Duran does.

Two solid away wins against tough opponents and a good performance against Arsenal is a good start to the season.

I thought our work could have been tidier, but the 2 goals were superb.

I still get nervous watching us.

• Like 1

For me, I think the manager needs to prepare them better for these physical games.  When the opposition don't let us play we struggle and these lower table sides generally don't.

Also think it might be time to rest Watkins.  On form, he gets a hat trick today, but didn't score.

Anyone know why Bogarde got the nod over Nedelkovic?

• Like 1

Not a great performance but apart from the goal and a couple of penalty shouts I don't think we gave them many chances. 

Bit lucky the second pen shout was offside or it would have been given.

Bogarde did ok first half but got properly done for the goal and then seemed to fall apart.  Thought Ned looked assured when he came on.

Ollie still way off it, maybe Duran deserves a start.

Rogers went from 9 out of 10 to about a 5.  Would have liked to see Buendia come on for him for the last few minutes.

Ramsey played well and I was surprised he was subbed off.  

Great free kick routine, and great cross and header from Digne and Duran.  We played some lovely one touch stuff at times, but there was a period just before the first set of subs where we gave the ball away about 6 or 7 times in a few minutes.  Fortunately they were just as bad at the same time.

Three points in the kind of game we would have chucked away in the past -  onwards and upwards.

• Like 3

Just now, duke313 said:

Bit strange that he stayed on and Ramsey came off. 

I think taking Ramsey off was more because we needed to defend better on our left hence replacing with Maatsen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Clean sheets is not for us

Think it's gonna be a similar story to last season.

We'll batter some teams. We'll get battered by teams. We'll keep throwing away 2 goal leads

Sadly, I agree with the clean sheets….it’s not a good sign imo.

1 minute ago, bose said:

We looked poor and sloppy in the second half. Rogers uncharacteristically poor. Surprised he took Ramsey off instead of him.

Not a fan of Barkley in preseason but that was the Barkley I saw at Luton, calm and composed. 

But **** me this league is so tough. Every away game is so difficult and taking 6/6 from our first two is brilliant.

Agree with the opinion about Rogers, definitely needs to do more on the defensive side of things. Fwiw, Ramsay didn't look happy, at all, in being brought off and rightly so imo.

Barkley also caught my eye with his calmness and ability to find a pass.

It was nervy at times but it will do.

• Like 1

Onana and Duran the scoresheet duo i can get used to this 🥳 

Bogarde cannot play more than 20 mins at this level for us… at least not for now but the result will mask his flaws…really needed to add a high level operator there imo 

Ramsey, Rogers and Tielemans passing and interchanging was magnificent at times, there all in sync.

Duran is pushing Watkins and deserves a start what a header that was 🔥

Tielemans was fantastic and he would be against these lot.

Excellent result get in UTV! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â