• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I bet you had a house full of booze in the Lamebert days 🧐

Fortunately, or not, depending on the viewpoint, I had other concerns to worry about during his reign.

Although I did have a chat with him through an old job when he was Villa manager. Never have I ever spoken to a more dour boring & uninspiring individual in my life. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gave Emery average for this one as he had to be taking Bogarde off sooner. We need defenders back asap.

Thought he was excellent until he tired.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Dog shit of a game, it was like two fat old men having a mudfight, over a Doris. no finesse, full of unnecessary fouls and injuries. Yet, we did enough.

Tielemans, Onana, and a great Barkley sub kept it together for us. 

Poor Bogarde, shame he couldn’t step up. But hopefully he’ll learn something from it. 

Rogers tho… disappointing 

Duran… my man!!

Digne, solid pro

everyone else, meh, could do better 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Poor performance but good result. Even so we could have scored a couple more.

Tielemans our best player again. Plenty of the others will really need to step it up if we want to be competitive for European places and try to reach the knockouts of the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Dare to say last year's team blows that lead.

Nope incorrect.  We were the best team last season for retaining leads. Out of 23 leads, we won 20, had 2 draws and lost 1.

Should have been more comfortable and it would have been, had we put another of the chances we made. Nice to have quality to come off the bench, even when we have players a couple of players missing. The referee was his usual incompetent self, booking our players for fun and falling for them going down, as if they had been shot, if one of our players was within range of them. Cooper is never happy is he? As for Vardy: 9. Steptoe and Son | Wonders in the Dark :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How often did last years team blow leads ?

Felt like we were on quite the run of it near end of last year. Us being up 2-0 was a kiss of death, even more than the old cliche it felt like at season end.

Another solid performance.  Harder in the second half with the officials forgetting what sport they were supposed to be officiating.  Been a while since I have seen such a poor performance.  Our player gets pushed off the ball, waves play on then a Leicester player dives over in the vicinity of one of our players and a free kick is awarded.  Still they got the two decisions right at the end - although surely Vardy was guilty of simulation at least once.

The defence looked solid - we won a lot of aerial challenges which was a fairly widespread concern before the start of the season.  Torres and Konsa look like they have a really good understanding.  I thought the midfield were good first half but less in control in the second but it is hard when both CMs are booked and Leicester players were like Bambi on Ice.  Ollie looked a bit sharper and then Duran doing what Duran does.

Two solid away wins against tough opponents and a good performance against Arsenal is a good start to the season.

• Like 1

Got the job done despite a scrappy game. Made a mistake starting Bogarde.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Nope incorrect.  We were the best team last season for retaining leads. Out of 23 leads, we won 20, had 2 draws and lost 1.

Crikey is that so. Fair play. Could do without the unnecessary heart attack though 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ugly win but 6 points from.3 games is better than I expected. Ref was shocking. Teams are starting to become more physical against us. Hopefully the injuries to Bailey and Onana are minor 

They are becoming more physical against us, because it’s working for them. We need to move the ball quicker and be more tidy with it.

loved the 3 points, sad no clean sheet.

average 2 points sustained….very good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â