• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

Happy to secure 3 pts early in the season when teams are more susceptible to slipups.  Hate to say it but really feel Bogarde hampered us in this game.  Not just his mistake in the Leicester goal, but many missed passes and poor decisions throughout the match.  We would have been on cruise control otherwise.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At least the ref got the big decisions right, surprising seeing as he got everything else wrong 

Well he was going to give a pen for that vardy dive at the end. Luckily we didn't have to experience that

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Vardy is such a pathetic goblin. He looks like one of those orcs from Lord of the Rings that growls for a bit and then gets an arrow to the head.

Fitting, since his manager looks like Gollum.

• Like 1

Poor performance, poor referee and a couple of injuries we could really do without. 

I'll take the big juicy three points from this lot every chance I get though. 

We'll need to be better.

We will be.

Coote is the ref who somehow failed to send off Joelinton for clotheslining the Bournemouth keeper last week, and now this week he's handing out cards like confetti.

Poor game overall, we were really sloppy. Bogarde i thought was at least passable first half, but fell apart 2nd. McGinn, Rogers, Ramsey just ran into dead ends or the ball was bouncing off them. Ollie still looks off it.

Both CBs and Tielemans the only ones you could say didn't play beneath the level they are capable of.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It's why getting a 2 goal lead is always key. 

We had all the best chances in the game. 

Loving your renewed positivity this season 

I thought we were pretty good to be fair. At 2-0 we looked really comfortable. 

It was a bit of a random goal for them. Suddenly their winger got isolated one-on-one with Bogarde and when it went in the game changed. 

Thought Maatsen didn't look comfortable in that inside left position, probably should have kept Ramsay on. 

Lets be honest, Bogarde struggled. He had a few decent moments but I wouldn't want to rely on him in tough away games. Kosta looked more composed. 

I thought Youri was good, Rogers decent. Konsa very solid. Digne gave nothing away defensively and also got the assist. McGinn probably MOTM for me. 

• Like 1

Good win but scrappy. We will need to be better. Starting Bogarde is probably symptomatic of where we are with SCR or PSR. In another era, we’d have our new right back starting today. 

Interesting that Duran and Onana seem to have struck up a bromance. That can’t do Duran any harm. Dare I say is but he’s already looking a bit more mature. 

After a tough opening couple of games, going into the international break with 6/9 is a good way to start the season.

Thought Tielemans was excellent, Barkley came on and showed why he's such a smart signing with how he brought some much needed composure in midfield, and Duran has earned himself a start next time out.

That aside it was largely appalling stuff. Have to say I remain much less convinced than much of you that our defensive depth is fine going into this upcoming schedule with how Bogarde performed there, but I don't want to pile onto a young guy that was playing out of position. Safe to say he's not there yet though. Rogers and McGinn the other big disappointments for me. The latter was largely anonymous and I think him being captain is doing a bit of the heavy lifting for him even remaining on the pitch, meanwhile with Rogers it was night and day from his performance last week. Consistently made the wrong decisions and couldn't hold onto possession for the life of him, I felt Ramsey was unlucky to see himself taken off given the performance of those two being much worse than his for my money.

3 points is 3 points though, but a lot to improve on. Very lucky that it was Leicester we were playing today with that showing and not the majority of other sides in the league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â