• Ramsey (Bailey 16)
    • Durán (Watkins 61)
    • Barkley (Onana 61)
    • Nedeljkovi (Bogarde 79)
    • Maatsen (Ramsey 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/24 at 22:59

19 hours ago, jamodillo said:

Was cooper at forest when they schooled us in the dark arts last year? He loves to disrupt play.

That's what teams do, who are not as good as us.....We have to learn to deal with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I love the guy, and respect his overall game.....How many strikers not only score regularly, but come in with a bucket load of assists....very few....and how many in that position stay ever present.

Ollie has his shortfalls as does any striker, as you say Sheepy, confidence... is probably more present in a strikers game, than other positions.

For me, I am just going to forget about him, let him play through this barren spell, JD is right to be banging the drum for a start, but I will let Unai, decide that.

As Churchill once said or words to that effect " when you are going through hell, don't stop, just keep going"...That's my advice to him.

Ollies form will come back, I think he has probably played too many games, needs a mental rest.

Undoubtedly, the Villa fans will be behind him.

Risky quoting Churchill on here 🤣

• Haha 1

On 31/08/2024 at 17:02, 479Villan said:

Do you think he and his wife get into a shoving match as to who gets to demand to speak to the manager?

No That was Mr & Mrs Unsworth

• Haha 1

On 31/08/2024 at 17:07, The_Steve said:

Made the same point. Barkley was a very good sub choice today.

brought in calm,composure and guile.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 17:10, CarryOnVilla said:

Dog shit of a game, it was like two fat old men having a mudfight, over a Doris. no finesse, full of unnecessary fouls and injuries. Yet, we did enough.

Tielemans, Onana, and a great Barkley sub kept it together for us. 

Poor Bogarde, shame he couldn’t step up. But hopefully he’ll learn something from it. 

Rogers tho… disappointing 

Duran… my man!!

Digne, solid pro

everyone else, meh, could do better 

I can see why

Doris Day.webp

Edited by TRO

On 31/08/2024 at 17:42, Pez1974 said:

Positives:

• A win and 3 points
  • Duran is a goal scorer, and is improving rapidly
  • Tielemans is the Luiz replacement (I've said this loads of times this summer); MOTM
  • Ramsey is getting back to his best
  • Onana is a beast - and a very well rounded player
  • Exactly the sort of game for 30 mins of Barkley - an asute signing on today's evidence, allowing us to rotate players
  • McPhee has been busy this summer
  • Bogarde got some game time - this will stand him in good stead
  • The players really can play to a plan - look at the average positions first half; they clearly supported Bogarde to settle in
  • We've a few out injured - and the bench still looks very good and the subs made a huge difference

Probably why in addition to PSR we sold him.

On 31/08/2024 at 17:39, Jas10 said:

Not to be sniffed at either.....I can remember a time when we was vulnerable against said opposition.

On 31/08/2024 at 17:45, romavillan said:

flashes of very good football, mostly good football, some too long spells of looking disjointed and making basic mistakes. we will get better and we're already good. 2 points a game from the first three. so we're on track. Watkins will come good, he had some off days last season too, he'll find is scoring boots soon enough. Bailey injury is concerning, hope that's not serious but I thought JJ and Rogers showed signs of what could become a beautiful thing for us.

We are WIP...We all know that.

Right now, it's expected for us to look, good on the ball. Many fans have us down as a classy team and easy on the eye....on transition, we are up there with the best, and we are learning how to win.

However, compared to the very best, we struggle to stay on the ball when teams come on to us, we like time and space to play, and some of the inferior sides set out to stifle us, and we are not quite good enough YET to over come it, like the better teams can.

There are clear aspects of our game, that have got us to where we are, and other aspects, we need to improve to mix it with the best.

Great progress though.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

On 31/08/2024 at 18:03, allani said:

Except we did twice and had three other more than decent chances as well.

No......We had the ball, when we scored😃

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Que sera sera

If only she had of been the Tea Lady....we would have definitely had the best backroom staff.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Wasn't a big fan tbh but liked the film the man who knew too much. 

probably not your era.

That was an Emery Biography.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

More like our parents era but had a friend who was was a massive fan of Doris Day. 

she was lovely.

NB We better get back on track

Edited by TRO

Just now, PaulC said:

So was my friend Jane who sadly passed away of MND a few years back.

Very sorry to hear that mate, such a devastating disease.

ps We better get back on track.

I have a sneaky feeling that Leicester, may take a few points at Home this season......and we may look back, with a warm feeling over this win.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â