Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Bogarde solid enough I thought, they had very little down his side. 

Misplaced a couple of passes but that is totally expected on debut for such a youngster. 

• Like 3

*Comes on here thinking people would be happy to be winning a game*

*Sees the focus is on writing off a 20 year old playing out of position*

*Steps out to wait for the ratings and reaction thread*

• Haha 3

Just now, Steero113 said:

Bogarde solid enough I thought, they had very little down his side. 

Misplaced a couple of passes but that is totally expected on debut for such a youngster. 

Look at what people said about Ned on his debut. Everyone makes mistakes. Unai trusts him and that’s a great endorsement. He will get better. 

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Hurry up and get on with the game, these Auzies are doing my head in    if you know you know 

You are a very naughty boy Rob

• Haha 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

With Tielemans and Onana both booked and Buendia the only thing even vaguely resembling a midfielder on the bench, we're a little short of options in the middle.

We usually take McGinn off after about seventy minutes too - I'm not sure how we do that today unless we maybe push Bogarde into midfield.

It will be absolutely vital that Onana and Tielemans don't pick up a second booking.

Barkley?

Bogarde is not ready for PL. But options on the bench not great either. 

I would maybe drop McGinn to defence and bring Philogene on for Bogarde.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Look at what people said about Ned on his debut. Everyone makes mistakes. Unai trusts him and that’s a great endorsement. He will get better. 

He needs to give both of them minutes cause Konsa has to play CB.

Im not worried at all with Watkins. He’s getting chances, just a question of when he scores and then he’ll start banging them in again.

Much better side this half, unlucky not be 2 ahead. Good to see Ramsey at his best. Leicester have hardly threatened at all but that will probably change in the second.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure I like it.

We were the better side, but we just seem to have stopped playing after about 35 minutes and let them have the initiative. We need to get back on the front foot or this one could have a horrible sting in the tail.

I wouldn't mind seeing Digne sacrificed for Maatsen in order to give us a bit of width, we've lacked that since Bailey went off.

We've been playing at half speed all game really. I get it, long season, current injuries so no need to go crazy against a side if you can get away with it.

But we've been veering too much from lower intensity but controlled, to simple laziness and stupid play - sloppy passing, bad decision making with running down blind alleys, stupid fouls etc.

We are going to beat ourselves here if we are not careful.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

*Comes on here thinking people would be happy to be winning a game*

*Sees the focus is on writing off a 20 year old playing out of position*

*Steps out to wait for the ratings and reaction thread*

I haven’t completely written him off, I’m just saying I never want to see him in a Villa shirt again. 

Just now, vazquez said:

Bogarde is not ready for PL. But options on the bench not great either. 

I would maybe drop McGinn to defence and bring Philogene on for Bogarde.

He looks fine to me and mcGinn in defence, no thanks, and Philogene is not on the bench 

• Like 1