Rep of Ireland v England/England v Finland

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Irish fans crying because Englishmen with English parents opted to play for England is hilarious

Mm except one of them stole 3 senior Ireland caps 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Every time I've seen Lewis he's been anywhere but LB! He plays a bit like zinchenko where he ends up in midfield 

Yeah fair point! Maybe too attacking playing him and Trent. Livramento could have been another option as he’s played left back for Newcastle but is again quite attacking.

I personally don’t think Maguire should be in the squad let alone the team, he’s had his time.

Lets see how it goes anyhow.

• Like 2

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

What the heck? How is Maquire playing? He's been abysmal for United. I didn't even notice him in the squad. 🤢

It’s cruel to Maguire at this point. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It’s hilarious when coaches come in and pick the likes of Maguire, probably thinking that they are absolutely genius for their selections because ‘he plays for Man U so must be good’. This is the Man U side which have looked defensively awful in all of their games so far. Until this level of thinking changes, we aren’t going to win a single thing. 

I don't think it is

I think Southgate in particular but so much emphasis on experience, he wouldn't want to start Guehi and Konsa as his CB pairing in a tough important away game he wants the 50+ experienced player in there

Problem was he carried that philosophy in to games Vs the likes of Malta at home meaning that the likes of Konsa or Ollie never get the experience that the manager wants while the likes of Maguire and kane rack up 100 caps 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mm except one of them stole 3 senior Ireland caps 😉

Ah that is a bit different, don’t think this should be a possibility with Senior appearances. Although then there’s the question would he have played them if it locked him out the England side.

Understand the Rice backlash then, but the Grealish one feels a bit silly.

Just now, penguin said:

Ah that is a bit different, don’t think this should be a possibility with Senior appearances. Although then there’s the question would he have played them if it locked him out the England side.

Understand the Rice backlash then, but the Grealish one feels a bit silly.

Rice is the one most people hate, not sure why the media keep throwing Grealish in to make them a pair

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â