Rep of Ireland v England/England v Finland

andykeenan

My one complaint across both games is that we seem to have players who are almost reluctant to just put the ball in or even move the ball

Gordon, Grealish, Saka, madueke all put dancing feet on and keep checking, then wiggle their feet, then check back, then wiggle some more, then check again then play a 5 yard pass backwards 

When we did move the ball we looked good but far too many moves broke down as we slowed it down and tried to prod the defence rather than hammer them (KW) 

Will also say that I think madueke is a cul de sac player, he's good enough that stuff will work but more often than not he takes way too many touches, cut back and forth too often and loses momentum 

The 2nd goal bang bang bang great goal moved the ball quickly didn't over think it, needs more of it 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My one complaint across both games is that we seem to have players who are almost reluctant to just put the ball in or even move the ball

Gordon, Grealish, Saka, madueke all put dancing feet on and keep checking, then wiggle their feet, then check back, then wiggle some more, then check again then play a 5 yard pass backwards 

When we did move the ball we looked good but far too many moves broke down as we slowed it down and tried to prod the defence rather than hammer them (KW) 

Will also say that I think madueke is a cul de sac player, he's good enough that stuff will work but more often than not he takes way too many touches, cut back and forth too often and loses momentum 

The 2nd goal bang bang bang great goal moved the ball quickly didn't over think it, needs more of it 

It’s a strange quirk with modern football that a defender will let a winger tippy toe all the way into the penalty area without putting in a tackle, just creeping backwards and inch at a time only interesting in blocking direct sight of the goal.

Wingers get away with murder these days. Not tricks, speed, crossing required. Just creep into the penalty area before laying it off to the edge of the box. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â