Rep of Ireland v England/England v Finland

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Hobsons Choice said:

Not a physically imposing DM is he. He's done OK so far but I've never seen him play before. Onana could use him as a toothpick.

I’m not trying to be demeaning or anything about his stature, but he is so small and slight he has the look more of a nippy little winger or midfield playmaker. 

Someone needs to get a bucket for Carsley to sit on.

They also need to move these type of matches away from Wembley, theatre crowd and atmosphere. When did VP last host an England game? Pretty sure were due to host one before Euro 2020 and that was cancelled due to pandemic and never got another one afterwards.

• Like 1

Just now, Hobsons Choice said:

It's not been great by either side so far, but in fairness aside from Gordon and Grealish we look like we're playing at 1% capacity.

Ooh nearly for Kane.

It's early in the season and not even qualifiers so not surprised everything looks half paced.

This might be a massive moment for England. Having a diminutive playmaker running the game rather than a headless chicken tearing about doing not a lot like Connor Gallagher or dare I say it.....Steven Gerrard.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Someone needs to get a bucket for Carsley to sit on.

They also need to move these type of matches away from Wembley, theatre crowd and atmosphere. When did VP last host an England game? Pretty sure were due to host one before Euro 2020 and that was cancelled due to pandemic and never got another one afterwards.

100%. Villa, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle would all have brought new people in and generated more of a buzz in the ground.

4 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

God these Finnish tactics. 11 men in the penalty box then.

The 63rd ranked nation in the world with 50 year old Pukki up top and Stevie G fave midfielder Glen Kamara should really be going all out at Wembley

3 minutes ago, AJG23 said:

I’m not trying to be demeaning or anything about his stature, but he is so small and slight he has the look more of a nippy little winger or midfield playmaker. 

Never did Kante or Modric any harm. He's got Rice alongside him for physicality and been playing in this position for last 4 years at Lille.

Just now, Zatman said:

The 63rd ranked nation in the world with 50 year old Pukki up top and Stevie G fave midfielder Glen Kamara should really be going all out at Wembley

They've had some nice counters already so not sure which game he's watching.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

100%. Villa, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle would all have brought new people in and generated more of a buzz in the ground.

Heck not happy missing out on that PSR bonus

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Never did Kante or Modric any harm. He's got Rice alongside him for physicality and been playing in this position for last 4 years at Lille.

Very fair point. Like I said earlier I’ve never really seen him play but you’re spot on with Kante and Modric. Gomes looks useful on the ball, just keeps things moving and ticking over.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â