Rep of Ireland v England/England v Finland

andykeenan

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the bizarre thing about it, carsley was playing for a job, first half he's probably getting it, go on and score 5 and give the FA a problem, from about 55 minutes they just gave up and stopped playing, the win was in the bag so they went through the motions...and he did nothing about it for another 20+ mins

He'll still get the job but it was a disappointing end 

From his interviews it doesnt sound like he really wants it and is just a placeholder

15 hours ago, PaulC said:

First half I thought we were excellent. Second half a bit lack lustre. I still think Kane is a problem. Grealish looked like he was having fun. 

Released from Pep's restraints and stipulations, Jack looked like his old self and got my vote for the best player on the pitch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Released from Pep's restraints and stipulations, Jack looked like his old self and got my vote for the best player on the pitch.

He was also playing against a lot of Championship or lower Premier League players

Only one Ireland player played for a team in Premier League top 12 last season and that is Liverpool reserve keeper

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was also playing against a lot of Championship or lower Premier League players

Only one Ireland player played for a team in Premier League top 12 last season and that is Liverpool reserve keeper

So was Kane who looked next to useless.

In fairness we've just kicked off a PL season, and even if any of the player's had not been told by their club bosses to take it easy in the Nations League after the result was no longer in doubt, they would be constantly thinking 'don't get injured, don't get injured, don't get injured'.

Not in terms of his footballing abilities, I’ve never really seen him play but looking at Angel Gomes, in terms of height/size he looks like a Primary school kid playing with High school kids tonight. Carsley seems to rate him highly.

Is his first name pronounced as in a heavenly angel or is it the Hispanic pronunciation ?

Edited by AJG23

Just now, AJG23 said:

Not in terms of his footballing abilities, I’ve never really seen him play but looking at Angel Gomes, in terms of height/size he looks like a primary school kid playing with High school kids tonight. Carsley seems to rate him highly.

Is his first name pronounced as in a heavenly angel or is it the Hispanic pronunciation ?

Not a physically imposing DM is he. He's done OK so far but I've never seen him play before. Onana could use him as a toothpick.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Incredibly flat atmosphere

The type of game was never going to sell out at Wembley so could have been played at a smaller stadium and given people outside of London a better chance to watch England.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â